New prowler sport model 1000 talk - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Talking New prowler sport model 1000 talk

Just come from my dealer today and he got through talking to his rep and was told ( talking as friends not dealer to rep) you know what i mean but is is slowing slipping out.There are a 740 V-twin and a 1000 V-twin sport model side be side,the rep has see them in person both photo types i guess,cable of top speeds of 90 plus MPH no bull 90 plus that is why the have not decided were to release them to the public or not.He said they dont realy know what to do yet but i am sure after the big can-am and the new polaris 1150 supost to be anyway out they better do something to stay in the game and i think they need a sport model along with the others they build.I think they will bring them out soon.
Dont have any other info other than that but it is real,it is there,and it is fast.That is a FACT!!!!!!
You guys need to get on to your dealers so they can find out from there reps and let us in on a little more info,lets try to get cat to bring it out soon, we know it is there.
They are a big dealer show comming up in a few weeks on the new cats so you guys jump on your dealers and tell them to find out as much as they can because you know they we be a bunch of them going. I would like to have one myself if they are not priced plum out of range,which i know they will be high.
Dig around we will find out more info and we will keep her posted here.Somewere on this site it was told of these machines months ago,i guess they new what they were talking about.
ITS SLOWING LEAKING OUT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Jounior Member

I also have heard of the two engine sizes but nothing on a sport model type of SxS like the Polaris Razr. It would be nice to see one of ours complete against both the Poo and the CanAm.
I didn't hear of a dealer show coming up either. You sure about that ?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Founding Member

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Loyal Member

That will be pretty cool when they are out.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Founding Member

I haven't heard anything about a dealer show per se, but Arctic Cat is most likely doing regional shows rather than one big show as in the past.

As for the sport model, it's quite possible, you'll just have to wait till the August 1st intro and see. Me personally, I really want to see one come out, but I'm not holding my breath anymore on it. I would imagine if it is released, it'll be a great machine as AC has a reputation of holding their releases until they know it's going to be accepted well. Just like they held their power steering units till a year after everyone else, but now are consider to be just about the best ps on the market.

Lets keep our fingers crossed....

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Loyal Member

talked to local [Spokane] dealer last night at the North Idaho ATV club meeting , he wasn't aware other than speculation

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Jounior Member

the 740 V-twin is already made. thats not new news i knew that last year. i think i already spoke of it on here once. the sporty SxS is coming, just dont know when. they are not having a "dealer show" like they have in the pst. i was told they were just flying up select dealers to thief river to let them see it before it comes out. i have talked to a rep back in feb who had driven each of the new models, and he said the 740 made as much power and the 1000. he said it was insane fast. if they come out with it, i hope to get one right quick like i wanna make a video of me doing 100 in it the day i get it. about 4 hours is all i need with it and i'mma break triple digit speeds in it!

///AIRDAM clutch machining
< http://airdamclutches.com/ >
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AIRDAM View Post
the 740 V-twin is already made. thats not new news i knew that last year. i think i already spoke of it on here once. the sporty SxS is coming, just dont know when. they are not having a "dealer show" like they have in the pst. i was told they were just flying up select dealers to thief river to let them see it before it comes out. i have talked to a rep back in feb who had driven each of the new models, and he said the 740 made as much power and the 1000. he said it was insane fast. if they come out with it, i hope to get one right quick like i wanna make a video of me doing 100 in it the day i get it. about 4 hours is all i need with it and i'mma break triple digit speeds in it!
Well time will tell,lets hope they do something with it other than just hush hush.The might be concerned with law suits,but you know you can take a slow moving turtle and get bit with it,if you dont act half way right on any machine you will pay the price.
RIGHT!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Rides all the time

Great news. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement