Prowler Line up 2018 - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Prowler Line up 2018

Only two models are listed in 2018 for the Prowler! The 500, and the Prowler EV. Sorry to see the mainline Prowlers 650/700/1000 Prowlers go away, but the good thing is that they kept the same driveline throughout all of the models run! Several used parts firms are still offering great parts at fair prices. So far every part I've ordered for my 2009 has been available ( The AC Store/Babbitts/Country Cat) with the exception of the primary clutch nut! Seems that little devil was not available in any year!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 06:39 AM

I'm not surprised the OLD prowler is going away. The Stampede is the newer design and engine. The 500 is all kymco so they will probably keep that around to have a low cost model in the line up.

I wonder how the stampede is selling and how the havoc will sell? I have yet to see one "in the real world"
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

I looked at the Stampede at Country Cat, very nice machine! 85 hp, extended cab, available as a 4 seater, and priced at mid 13,000. MSRP! They were running a 2,000 dollar rebate, but that may be over! I've spoken with several 500 owners, and they all seemed pleased! The Havoc at 100 HP and early showings it out performed the General! Now I'll go back in my garage and look at my Prowler! Still a happy owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 07:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
................ Now I'll go back in my garage and look at my Prowler! Still a happy owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Me too!!!!!! but..........Makes me a little sad to think of struggling to find parts......!! Not sure how AC does, but I was in picking up some parts for my 1996 Yamaha quad a couple months ago. Still available. Got a 1987 Suzuki quad that is just now getting a little harder to get some parts....... Hope AC keeps making parts available. Concerns me a little when you say a clutch nut on a machine that is only 8 years old is already not available...... Come on AC....... keep the old owners happy!!!

2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ Desert Red, hard top, Kolpin split front windshield, rear lexan window, RzR S bucket seats, 28" Swamp Lite tires, MotoAlliance Denali 72" Plow

I go by Paxx but you can call me anything you want......just don't call me late for supper!!
If you can't be good.......Be good at it!!!

http://www.northernliteaerocraft.com/
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

I think the clutch nut being unavailable was due to a factory stock issue. I have found different vendors that still have them in stock. My local dealer (Peacock LTD) has several on their shelf!

Either - Dick or RD
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 10:32 AM

Garage
That's good to know. I hope they continue to support their older machines for some time to come!! I plan on having mine for a long time!!!
Fairmont79 likes this.

2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ Desert Red, hard top, Kolpin split front windshield, rear lexan window, RzR S bucket seats, 28" Swamp Lite tires, MotoAlliance Denali 72" Plow

I go by Paxx but you can call me anything you want......just don't call me late for supper!!
If you can't be good.......Be good at it!!!

http://www.northernliteaerocraft.com/
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxx View Post
That's good to know. I hope they continue to support their older machines for some time to come!! I plan on having mine for a long time!!!

ORRRRR you can do like RD does and stock about enough parts on his shelf to build or re-build his unit 4,5,6 or 7 times a year LOL
Fairmont79 likes this.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Wish I still had all of my 32 ford stuff from 55 years ago! LOL

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Loyal Member

I know a guy ....

won his class at Pamona [now where the old Oakland Roadster show is] and a week or so later best in show at Sacramento with his 32 tudor .. His first ever street rod build
took me down there with him as I'm tall enough to keep the top as clean as the main body during the show lol damn arm was sore for a week from all the wax on wax off routine .

BTW he had the car disassembled in his rafters for 40+ years , he also has a duce coupe still in the rafters

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Ah the good old days! I did the Cobo Hall autorama back in the 60's! Like a kid in a candy store! Remember a 1964 Ford Thunderbolt with a dealer invoice on the window! Bob Ford out of Dearborn (factory team)!

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement