transmission problems I think - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

transmission problems I think

Hello all im back. I took the prowler out on its first run under my supervision and bent both tie rods and the tranmission started making a clunking noise shortly after trying to climb a black diamond trail. The rear axle started making a clicking noise first then the transmission started clunking. Ive set the beast up on jack stands and put it in gear all four wheels turn but it still clunks. Please help me if you can.

Also, we were wanting to go to knoxville or jellico on the 15th of this month and all the nearby dealers say they are backed up for at least three weeks one said a month or so. Can anybody lead me to a good arctic cat fixer near the Atlanta, Ga area. I live just north of there on I75. Thanks and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!
--
BILL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 PM

Good luck with that one. I was using bass pro shops but they were taking too long so i decided to find a new one. Took it to a different one this time and just got it back today. Waited on it 6 weeks! I don't think its just cat dealers around here though, i think all dealers around here are slow. It really gets frustrating. You are probably an hour and a half from them, but there is a cat dealer in Piedmont, Al. and Albertville, Al. Just a thought.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy4bama View Post
Good luck with that one. I was using bass pro shops but they were taking too long so i decided to find a new one. Took it to a different one this time and just got it back today. Waited on it 6 weeks! I don't think its just cat dealers around here though, i think all dealers around here are slow. It really gets frustrating. You are probably an hour and a half from them, but there is a cat dealer in Piedmont, Al. and Albertville, Al. Just a thought.
Thanks for the reply...I ended up tearing it down myself. I think my problem might be the drive belt. It had a very good narrow spot on it so im thinking the clutch was probably bouncing back and forth at that spot causing the clanking and the jerking in the rear. I just hope that I can get it back together after my parts show up. If anyone else has had this issue, please chime in!!!
--
BILL

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Loyal Member

That would be really nice for it to just be a belt. Much easier on the check book.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Jounior Member

try clocking your secondary spring to B-2 if you have white spring in your secondary clutch,I have had Adam at AIRDAM clutch rework my primary clutch ,I had stage 1,2,3 done , and purchased a red secondary spring from EPI and clocked spring at B-1 .It made rattle noise in the helix when slowing down fast so I took it apart again and installed factory white spring in secondary clocked it to B-2 .It's got awesome low end power, good mid range , and no rattling noise coming from clutch area,like I use to hear ,but my prowler was faster with red spring in secondary clocked at B-1.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamustang01 View Post
try clocking your secondary spring to B-2 if you have white spring in your secondary clutch,I have had Adam at AIRDAM clutch rework my primary clutch ,I had stage 1,2,3 done , and purchased a red secondary spring from EPI and clocked spring at B-1 .It made rattle noise in the helix when slowing down fast so I took it apart again and installed factory white spring in secondary clocked it to B-2 .It's got awesome low end power, good mid range , and no rattling noise coming from clutch area,like I use to hear ,but my prowler was faster with red spring in secondary clocked at B-1.
Wee Wee mucheri...this sounds like french to me!!! I have no idea what im doiing at all. I can barely check the clock on the wall none the less the clock thingy on this thing. Please elaborate a bit for me. Or just plan a trip down to Ga. and fix it hehehe.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Rides all the time

Quote:

Have you tried clocked red spring?

What weights in your primary? Are you running out of engine or are you on the rev. limiter?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Jounior Member

Well don't no what to say , do you have any mechanical abilities ,do you own any tools,Im no utv mechanic but I use to be a chevy mechanic at a dealer ,so I have a lot of tools to do my own work on my prowler with.I have learned a lot from this site, just by asking other members, I just recently went threw my clutch system, Been playing with the secondary clutch spring to try and get the most out of my prowler.Im sorry I don't know what you can do.Some knowledge of mechanics is recommended. And this site.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
Have you tried clocked red spring?

What weights in your primary? Are you running out of engine or are you on the rev. limiter?
Using stock weights in primary, and no I haven't clocked red epi spring yet. It's a little stiffer spring. I think if I clock the red spring to B-2 it might be to stiff to run all the way out secondary clutch, and I think it will slow me down,But it was faster with red spring and used lower rpms to get to 52 mph at 5000 rpms I would say im running out of engine and not even close to rev. limiter. But with the white spring in clocked to B-2 my rpm's are higher and not as fast only 48 mph at 5300 rpm's but awesome low end torque ,Riddler have you replaced your factory spring.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Using stock weights in primary, and no I haven't clocked red epi spring yet. It's a little stiffer spring. I think if I clock the red spring to B-2 it might be to stiff to run all the way out secondary clutch, and I think it will slow me down,But it was faster with red spring and used lower rpms to get to 52 mph at 5000 rpms I would say im running out of engine and not even close to rev. limiter. But with the white spring in clocked to B-2 my rpm's are higher and not as fast only 48 mph at 5300 rpm's but awesome low end torque ,Riddler have you replaced your factory spring.
Not yet,
Team Arctic just brought over the red EPI tonight (thanks)

I have 2 sets of clutches,
Kind of undecided on red and white spring.
I'm leaning toward clocking the red epi and putting all 23g rollers,
Currently running 4 23's and 4 19's
I was hitting my speed limiter around 5700rpm.
Team Arctic also brought over a dynatec cdi sooo.
I am gonna do something with clutch (probbibly undecided until I pull it apart)
Then put the cdi on and go rippen!

Team arctic had a good idea of splitting the difference between b-1 and b-2 and drilling a new hole for the spring.

Too many decisions I will sleep on it and come up with something tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement