Know where this cluster of wires should connect? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Know where this cluster of wires should connect?

I was using the XTZ to pull out a big 20' enclosed cargo trailer the other day and something made me get down on my knees and glance under the battery area. To my surprise I found a cluster of six wires that looks like they just pulled out of a connector of some sort....... all the round push in type connecter with rubber seals at the top of the connecter. This is just behind and below the battery box/in front of the driver's rear tire. I can't find anything that it could reach to plug into and nothing seems to have been torn off. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6091.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	47917   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6092.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	47919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6094.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	47921  

2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ Desert Red, hard top, Kolpin split front windshield, rear lexan window, RzR S bucket seats, 28" Swamp Lite tires, MotoAlliance Denali 72" Plow

I go by Paxx but you can call me anything you want......just don't call me late for supper!!
If you can't be good.......Be good at it!!!

http://www.northernliteaerocraft.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok.........searched the wiring diagram and I'm pretty sure these got yanked out of my regulator/rectifier somehow......I'm not at home and so will check when I get a chance. If I'm seeing the wires correctly ( and I quickly admit that I am very color blind!!!!........but I had a co-worker look at the photos too.....) they are left to right: red, yellow/green, yellow/orange. yellow/red, black, and yellow/purple ....... #26 ring the regulator/rectifier. I'm I thinking straight here? Or seeing straight?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Prowler regulator wiring close up.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	47925  

2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ Desert Red, hard top, Kolpin split front windshield, rear lexan window, RzR S bucket seats, 28" Swamp Lite tires, MotoAlliance Denali 72" Plow

I go by Paxx but you can call me anything you want......just don't call me late for supper!!

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 02:06 AM

Yes those are your rectifier wires

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Racer View Post
Yes those are your rectifier wires
Thanks Tim. I haven't had a chance yet to see what's left of the plug that those wires are supposed to be inside of. Hopefully it is ok, otherwise I'm gonna have to try to find that type of connector spmwhere.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:41 AM

Wow, wonder how they got pulled out? Surprised it started and ran. Had to be on battery power only. Good thing you checked it out.

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and lights, lights and more lights!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Wow, wonder how they got pulled out? Surprised it started and ran. Had to be on battery power only. Good thing you checked it out.
Ya, it's really strange. I got underneath and found that the connector was still there on the bottom of the battery box and in place. I took it off and in to where I had more light and it appears that it is in perfect condition. The little tabs that are to hold the pins in are still there. Not sure how all 6 wires got tugged out without breaking either the connector or a few wires. AND........the connector is facing forward........ It could have only got yanked out while in reverse!!! I'm quite stumped!!! Hope to get some time in the next day ro two to put it all back together and see if all things are working. ........I'm rewiring a trailer and dealing with putting snow tires back on vehicles. About 6-10 inches of snow in the last 2 days!!! Crazy!!!
Fairmont79 likes this.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Loyal Member

and maybe relocate the wires to a safer place ??? wondering after all my escapades why I haven't done the same thing as we're about the same vintage ..

I have drug mine over more downed logs and trail brush from overgrown trails in the heavy woods than you could shake a stick at. not to mention the rock gardens it has been through. .. maybe I'd better look down there too LOL

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Administrator

I thought I read that Alberta had a foot of snow! No comment on Kingman weather! LOL Tim is the man on wiring! His Prowler had all kinds of nifty electrical stuff! His Prowler looked like a Christmas tree on steroids when everything was turned on!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
and maybe relocate the wires to a safer place ??? wondering after all my escapades why I haven't done the same thing as we're about the same vintage ..

I have drug mine over more downed logs and trail brush from overgrown trails in the heavy woods than you could shake a stick at. not to mention the rock gardens it has been through. .. maybe I'd better look down there too LOL
I'm definitely gonna look into safer wire placement......as I was under it trying to find what was going on I was appalled at the wires that had been run by the POs (not sure which one) that were just draped over things and left hanging!!! No kind of zip ties or shielding or anything......that is gonna be cleaned up, or torn out......their whole wiring job is one of the worst I have ever seen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
I thought I read that Alberta had a foot of snow! No comment on Kingman weather! LOL Tim is the man on wiring! His Prowler had all kinds of nifty electrical stuff! His Prowler looked like a Christmas tree on steroids when everything was turned on!
Haha.......ya we've had a bit of snow here, but north of us a couple hours in Calgary they had almost 1.5 ft of snow!!!! Coming down 2.5 inches or more every hour!! Over 200 accidents are reported and Edmonton, which is another 2.5 hrs north sent snow plows to Calgary to help them out..... Edmonton didn't see any flakes at all!!! Pic attached is what i was looking at this morning.

And I agree with Tim being the wiring guru!!! He has a sweet rig wired up with more things than I'd ever think of adding!!!! lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6096.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	47939  
Fairmont79 likes this.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
So I finally got a chance to get under the prowler with a non-colourblind son and pop the wires back into the connector in the right places and then snapped the connector back onto the regulator. I'm gonna get back under there and have a look at things as the wire harness was quite tight to get the connector back in. Seemed a little straining on the wire and connector. I then took her for a bit of a run hauling stuff back and forth around the yard.......all pretty slow and not much rpm's etc. After driving her a bit and letting her idle for quite a few minutes I shut her off for a bit. Upon restart, she cranked noticeably faster, so it appears to be charging as she should. I had no time to check with a multi-meter but all appears good. I DO need to put a volt meter in the dash as RD and so many others here have done........along with an oil pressure and temp gauges....... but that will be for another day. Thanks All!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement