Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

2007 Arctic Cat 650 Prowler Engine Rebuild

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
Hello, I am a new member & need help, where can I get a engine rebuild manual for my 2007 650 arctic cat prowler ( I am not finding good engine rebuild info in the service manual)? I have a lot of blow by in my crankcase & getting a lot of smoke upon deceleration. I assume I need at least new rings. Any advise would be appreciated. I have rebuilt auto engines in the past but never a split case engine. What special tools would I need for the engine rebuild? Where is the best place to buy a overhaul kit for a stock engine? Anyone in Arizona that would like to rebuild my engine? Thanks & Safe riding!

#2 ·
I'm in Kingman if that helps! If there is no issues with the trans, or bottom end, then a new set of rings a quick ball hone on the cylinder is all you should need. Note of caution on the head bolts, as they are one time use! As for a service manual you can get one off Country Cat, or K&T lawn equipment. The motors are very easy to work on, specialty tools consist of a flywheel pulley, and a tool to split the case (I bought one off Rock Mountain Motorsports for around 60 dollars).

#4 ·
Where are you located?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.