Prowler Pro is Hot - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Prowler Pro is Hot

Just purchased a Prowler Pro. Find that there is 185 degree heat from the radiator blowing threw the dash area into the cab. Rather uncomfortable. Anyone else experience this? What is the fix? Of course the door's don't fit either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:44 AM

I don't notice heat in the cab, but under the bed the muffler heat warps the bed. Should have a heat shield from the factory. I put a muffler wrap around mine and it made a huge difference.

I may not notice the cab heat because temps here rarely get above mid 70s in the summer.

The door latches are pretty crappy too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Took the Prowler over to the Dealer Monday morning. They lied about having the heat stopped or slowed down and the doors fixed. It sit there for a week and all they accomplished was to wash it and paint the tires black. Really disgusted with the Dealer and Artic Cat. It's nearly unusable in the summertime because of the heat coming threw the dash.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerstill View Post
Took the Prowler over to the Dealer Monday morning. They lied about having the heat stopped or slowed down and the doors fixed. It sit there for a week and all they accomplished was to wash it and paint the tires black. Really disgusted with the Dealer and Artic Cat. It's nearly unusable in the summertime because of the heat coming threw the dash.

I'm in Florida and can tell you we have a problem with heat regardless of the machine. My HDX gets really hot and puts a ton of heat coming from under the seat and bed area. I recently have done several things to help cut down on the heat coming in as well as getting more air to the engine. I have other friends with Honda's and Kawasaki's with similar problems to ours.

Charlie
Cape Coral, FL
2014 Prowler 700 HDX Limited
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerstill View Post
Maybe try putting some Thermo-Tec Adhesive Backed Heat Barriers in the cab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement