Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Prowler Pro is Hot

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  cat_crazy 
#1 ·
Just purchased a Prowler Pro. Find that there is 185 degree heat from the radiator blowing threw the dash area into the cab. Rather uncomfortable. Anyone else experience this? What is the fix? Of course the door's don't fit either.

#2 ·
I don't notice heat in the cab, but under the bed the muffler heat warps the bed. Should have a heat shield from the factory. I put a muffler wrap around mine and it made a huge difference.

I may not notice the cab heat because temps here rarely get above mid 70s in the summer.

The door latches are pretty crappy too.

#3 ·
Took the Prowler over to the Dealer Monday morning. They lied about having the heat stopped or slowed down and the doors fixed. It sit there for a week and all they accomplished was to wash it and paint the tires black. Really disgusted with the Dealer and Artic Cat. It's nearly unusable in the summertime because of the heat coming threw the dash.

#4 ·
I'm in Florida and can tell you we have a problem with heat regardless of the machine. My HDX gets really hot and puts a ton of heat coming from under the seat and bed area. I recently have done several things to help cut down on the heat coming in as well as getting more air to the engine. I have other friends with Honda's and Kawasaki's with similar problems to ours.

#6 ·
I've had the heat warp bed problem too, but so far the bed flattens out when cooled. I need to try that muffler heat wrap.
I do like the cab heat hunting and cool weather riding. Looking for a good cab heater to make it more so. I have roof and front windshield, but the door kit is too pricey right now.

#7 ·
You might try weatherseal around the firewall. These things do generate heat! I have an older model, and found that air flow would up over the cab even with the roof off. I built a small scoop that catches air and directs it into the cab. I used a cable to open/close the flap. Really catches the air, and directs it into the cab.

Attachments

#8 ·
RD's does work great! I sprayed under the front with undercoating to seal all the holes in my 09. Radiator hoses running under the floorboard can be insulated with pipe wrap. Both the Prowler and the RZR are hot. Honda Talons really suck! Generals aren't too bad. But all in all, they all radiate a lot of heat because its just thin plastic and lots of stuff crammed into close quarters.

Reactions: Fairmont79
#9 ·
Great points! Looking at some of the Prowler models that incorporated a tunnel to move air into, and out of the engine cover.

#10 ·
I'm gonna mount one of RZR fans in the cowl to see how it works, I have 13 built. May as well experiment with one in the Prowler

Attachments

Reactions: Fairmont79
#11 ·
heat is a thing we all have to deal with, even the coveted hondas have the issue. i have a 2012 hdx that i could hardly ride then i put a cab on it, that was fun. i started spraying every opening with a black pond expanding foam. that really helped but i got worried about fire so its all gone. i added foam beside the bench seat by the doors to plug more noise and found it helped with heat as well. after alot of testing i have it set as close to perfect as i can get it. i leave the doors on all summer, even at 90+ degrees. with the front window open it isnt bad but i find i dont open it much. just on the slow rides. i even went as far as buying aluminum flashing from menards to pop rivit to the bottom of the seat pan. it really helped. i am going to be trying more of it this summer. im looking into trying to add more all around the engine compartment, especially behind my feet. maybe incorporate some high temp foam between the flashing and plastic, who knows.
my new thing is im looking into making a new seat cover that fully connects with velcro like its one piece. my seat is finally cracked up. i believe if i can cover the original foam and add more to the butt crack to fully squish them together it will help. the velcro would keep them from rubbing together. its not fully figured out yet. right now i am stuffing an old blanket in that crack. my biggest hold up is the cost. i got the go ahead from my wife when i said it would be less than 100 bucks. well im not the kind to just leave things alone. im looking at about 300 now. you know, a leather patch, sculpting the foam more, adding head rests lol. i just cant do it simple :D i attatched a photo of an hdx seat i found on the net someone had recovered.
the best advise we can give you is to read up on what others have tried and start testing. be careful though. the internet is full of bad ideas too. some fixes are permanent and can cost big cash to get back to normal or even burn it down. i read to spray foam your dog house and put a plastic sheet over your motor then put the dog house back on and let dry. then remove the plastic sheet. some have burned their rigs down doing this. heat has to go somewhere, just not into the cabin. the best part of this is you will get to know your machine very well.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.