Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

2007 xt h1

4K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 ·
Ok. I'm having a problem with my sxs. I just did a whole new ignition system. (It quit on me last winter plowing). Now after after that? It starts and idles really good. But as soon as you give it gas? It dies. I can take off the air box lid and put my hand over the opening? And I can move around the yard. But still not past 3500 rpm or so. Anyone else heard of this dilema? Oh and the echoke is new. Thanks.

#2 ·
So it runs better on the rich side... Look at the black intake adapter the carb mounts on to. They crack and create a lean condition, does just what you are talking about. 0570-115 is the part number, if I remember right....

#4 ·
Was it cracked?

#6 ·
That could be enough to let it suck air to create a lean condition... I would replace it, only gonna get worse.

Reactions: Fairmont79
#10 ·
Stuck float?

#13 ·
How many miles do you have on it and have you checked the valve adjustment? When my '07 didn't have any power with about 3,000 miles it was because the cam and rockers were cooked due to a failed oil pump gear. I would check your valve adjustment and oil pressure just to be sure. The bad oil driven gear was common on the '07's I found out the hard way.

#14 ·
Over 5k miles. And before I started all this it seems to run fine. Even now. It idles great. It just won't speed up. But if I half cover the carb opening with my hand? It will speed up. So much so? That it's even driveable. I will check my clearances just to be sure. And run it with the valve cover off to verify that oil is getting to the top end. But I'm still more inclined to do the carb swap from one of the threads in here somewhere if someone could link me to it.

#15 ·
Oil to the top end at idle can be misleading. When I replaced my cam & rockers I thought my pressure was good because it was spraying enough oil to hit the roof. There was enough nubbs left of the teeth it would grab at low rpm but couldn't pump enough at high rpms. Here's a couple threads I posted when I had my problem.

https://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-performance-discussions/4173-bad-cam.html

https://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-general-discussions/4450-bring-i-told-you-so.html

#16 ·
I hope you don't have the problem I did, just want to pass the info since it seemed to be a common problem on the '07's.

#18 ·
Just an update on my sxs. Pulled the top end apart. Everything looks good and is tight. Pulled my carb apart again. I swapped the two small jets. Thinking I might have swapped them out unknowingly. And that's just what I did. It revs up now. It moves under its own power.

#19 ·
Good! Glad she's fixed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.