2009 xtx sputtering, rough idle, dies - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 28
 
2009 xtx sputtering, rough idle, dies

hey guys i just read the thread that says to look at the boot i have had that update done, and checked the exhaust as it comes out of the motor. it all looks nice n tight.

havnt replaced the fuel filter which could be the problem but my question is can you adjust the idle on the efi? i think it just might be idleing too low.

thanks
-Aksnopro
aksnopro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
sandy4bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pell City, Al.
Posts: 656
 
Can u run a fuel injection cleaner through it? That might be an inexpensive option u could start with. Also according to some of these threads the prowler doesn't have an actual fuel filter on it, just some sort of a cheap screen. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there these guys know there stuff and will chime in shortly.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!


07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
sandy4bama is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Jounior Member
 
sneaky snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: west virginia
Posts: 291
 
The fuel filter is under the passenger seat, you will have to remove the plastic pan to get at it. you mite also want to check your coil, the way mine was bolted in it was mashed against the mounting plate and was not getting the fire it should. Have you checked your air cleaner and spark plug? I also run injector cleaner in mine about every three to four tank fulls.

2009 700 xtx
alum skid plates (fabrication by me)
rear bumper (fabrication by me)
front brush gard (fabrication by me)
beard seats
crow harnes (4 point)
lower tail light
epi clutch kit
soft top
full wind sheild
e brake alarm (utv crap)
horn
sound proof engine cover
warn winch
trail armor doors
rear sound bar
stage 1,2&3 clutch work by ///AIRDAM
Stock roll cage lowered 3"
sneaky snake is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
 
sandy4bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pell City, Al.
Posts: 656
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky snake View Post
The fuel filter is under the passenger seat, you will have to remove the plastic pan to get at it. you mite also want to check your coil, the way mine was bolted in it was mashed against the mounting plate and was not getting the fire it should. Have you checked your air cleaner and spark plug? I also run injector cleaner in mine about every three to four tank fulls.
Hey sneaky snake i've noticed that sometimes my prowler will start missing and sputtering under heavy pull on the motor like spinning through thick mud where the motor might be bogging down a little. I noticed that the plug wire going to the coil has a severe bend on it right as it goes onto the coil and it also seems to be pressed against the frame. Would that cause the occasional misfire? I've recently put some di-electric grease on the plug in case it was getting wet, but haven't had a chance to check it out. Don't know if that is going to work or not because it would do it in thick mud too where there wasn't any water. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!


07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
sandy4bama is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Jounior Member
 
sneaky snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: west virginia
Posts: 291
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy4bama View Post
Hey sneaky snake i've noticed that sometimes my prowler will start missing and sputtering under heavy pull on the motor like spinning through thick mud where the motor might be bogging down a little. I noticed that the plug wire going to the coil has a severe bend on it right as it goes onto the coil and it also seems to be pressed against the frame. Would that cause the occasional misfire? I've recently put some di-electric grease on the plug in case it was getting wet, but haven't had a chance to check it out. Don't know if that is going to work or not because it would do it in thick mud too where there wasn't any water. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Hey Sandy
I changed my coil and shimmed it away from the mounting plate and sealed it up with silicone to keep it dry. That did help it out a lot but have noticed that when in deep water it will still miss a little bit.

2009 700 xtx
alum skid plates (fabrication by me)
rear bumper (fabrication by me)
front brush gard (fabrication by me)
beard seats
crow harnes (4 point)
lower tail light
epi clutch kit
soft top
full wind sheild
e brake alarm (utv crap)
horn
sound proof engine cover
warn winch
trail armor doors
rear sound bar
stage 1,2&3 clutch work by ///AIRDAM
Stock roll cage lowered 3"
sneaky snake is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Loyal Member
 
sandchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PEORIA,AZ
Posts: 3,564
 
I believe the xtx does have a filter on it. The ones with a carburetor do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy4bama View Post
Can u run a fuel injection cleaner through it? That might be an inexpensive option u could start with. Also according to some of these threads the prowler doesn't have an actual fuel filter on it, just some sort of a cheap screen. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there these guys know there stuff and will chime in shortly.


Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
sandchris is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
 
sandy4bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pell City, Al.
Posts: 656
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky snake View Post
Hey Sandy
I changed my coil and shimmed it away from the mounting plate and sealed it up with silicone to keep it dry. That did help it out a lot but have noticed that when in deep water it will still miss a little bit.
Thanks sneaky snake. I'll check into doing that on mine as well. Thanks for the response.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!


07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
sandy4bama is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Senior Member
 
sandy4bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pell City, Al.
Posts: 656
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
I believe the xtx does have a filter on it. The ones with a carburetor do not.
Thanks sandchris. Thats my bad. Now i do remember reading that it was the carburetor ones that don't have one.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!


07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
sandy4bama is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Loyal Member
 
sandchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PEORIA,AZ
Posts: 3,564
 
Anytime, that's what we do around here. Very interested to see what this turns out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy4bama View Post
Thanks sandchris. Thats my bad. Now i do remember reading that it was the carburetor ones that don't have one.


Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
sandchris is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Rides all the time
 
riddler28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: alaska
Posts: 1,324
 
My 08 650h1 xt has a filter on the pickup tube.
I just checked it last week and cleaned and adjusted the level gauge contact's.
riddler28 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58