Split - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Split

delete your inbox it is full sir.

i have everything sent to my internet guy who is doing my website now. waiting on him. it should be up pretty quick. they printed the instruction manuals today, and your package is already shipped otherwise i would have you a paper manual in the box. but everything will be on the site and in printable form. its pretty easy pal if you need me call me i will walk you thru it step by step

///AIRDAM clutch machining
< http://airdamclutches.com/ >
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:42 PM

done..cool thanks Adam, looks like i will need more beer, i think my garage will be full of Cat owners on saturday...

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Jounior Member

Hey adam I met up of a few guys this weekend from the forum this weekend and Split aka "Someday" was one of them and I will probably be over at his place when he installs the new setup and I was wondering what kind of weights does it use is it rollers like the stock setup or more like a Rzr and is it possible to modify the rollers like the cat stuff if we need a bit more RPM or are do we need special parts to tune this clutch?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM

dayum u Andy..aka "craigslist", always thinkin ahead!! lol..i cant wait to see it..and get my car back together "someday"...lol What kinda beer you want Andy?

dude..it rocks...
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Hey adam I met up of a few guys this weekend from the forum this weekend and Split aka "Someday" was one of them and I will probably be over at his place when he installs the new setup and I was wondering what kind of weights does it use is it rollers like the stock setup or more like a Rzr and is it possible to modify the rollers like the cat stuff if we need a bit more RPM or are do we need special parts to tune this clutch?

wait a min ! what am i missing this weekend ? a shop full of cats and beer ! wth?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
dayum u Andy..aka "craigslist", always thinkin ahead!! lol..i cant wait to see it..and get my car back together "someday"...lol What kinda beer you want Andy?

Cold that is all that matters.

What day do you plan to get at it? I am down whenever
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

andy it is easier to tune this clutch than the factory arctic cat clutch. it uses weights, inside slider blocks. the slugs can be drilled out with a drill bit easier than you can imagine. so yes you can lighten them up easily, in about ten minutes with a drill bit and a vise. if rick is ok with it, take his clutch apart, it uses a 30mm nut to pull the outer half apart. once you pull the nut off the weights are behind the metal cover. you can see i believe i put 3 - 30 gram weights and 3 -32 gram weights in ricks clutch which should give him about a 6500-6700 shiftout. that may sound low for you, but for a stock machine that is peak power. any more RPMs than that and the motor actually starts to lose power because of the restrictive throttlebody. this clutch also acts tons differently than the stock clutch. where the stock clutch will tend to bog down and lose RPMs on long hill climbs, this new clutch will automatically backshift and keep the engine right at peak power. that is one of the wonders of this CVtech clutch. it works and performs marvelously with our machines. if you guys do take the clutch apart, be sure that when you put the primary back together, you line the hex in the plate up with the hex on the shaft before you run the nut down. the nut needs loctite on it. just a dab on the threads of the nut will be plenty.

///AIRDAM clutch machining
< http://airdamclutches.com/ >
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AIRDAM View Post
andy it is easier to tune this clutch than the factory arctic cat clutch. it uses weights, inside slider blocks. the slugs can be drilled out with a drill bit easier than you can imagine. so yes you can lighten them up easily, in about ten minutes with a drill bit and a vise. if rick is ok with it, take his clutch apart, it uses a 30mm nut to pull the outer half apart. once you pull the nut off the weights are behind the metal cover. you can see i believe i put 3 - 30 gram weights and 3 -32 gram weights in ricks clutch which should give him about a 6500-6700 shiftout. that may sound low for you, but for a stock machine that is peak power. any more RPMs than that and the motor actually starts to lose power because of the restrictive throttlebody. this clutch also acts tons differently than the stock clutch. where the stock clutch will tend to bog down and lose RPMs on long hill climbs, this new clutch will automatically backshift and keep the engine right at peak power. that is one of the wonders of this CVtech clutch. it works and performs marvelously with our machines. if you guys do take the clutch apart, be sure that when you put the primary back together, you line the hex in the plate up with the hex on the shaft before you run the nut down. the nut needs loctite on it. just a dab on the threads of the nut will be plenty.

Sounds good we will probably only change weight if it is 6600 or less even if 7100 is a couple hp less I think this should be the sweat spot for a stock engine with extra weight due to the extra inertia in the motor all the way out to the tires it really helps out with the heavy sand on the really steep hills in my experience but I am really looking forward to see this baby in action.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 AM

come on Matt,,you can make a drive up!! I always got cold beer, usually about 8-10 diff brands..right now i got, coors light, budlight, mgd 64, corona, widmer hefeweizen, flying dog, longhammer IPA, drifter pale ale, guiness, and some stone ipa, maybe a few others layin around...anyone is welcome. I am planning saturday to finish the car, i still have some templates to cut, then clutch, floor, modify the gas tank, seat mounts and seats go in, and for the finale....run the wiring to the rear lights and whips...then of course, driving it... everyone on the forum is welcome...

dude..it rocks...
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM

WTF where is my invite "Sparky"? :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement