Wheel alignment - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Smile Wheel alignment

My 700 xtx has a pull to the right, I have checked and adjusted tire pressures
and checked for dragging brakes etc. would changing the adjust on the shocks do anything for this, I had the dealer adjust the shocks to the next stiffer setting. What are the procedures for doing a wheel alignment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Jounior Member

i just eyed my wheels when changing out a bent tie rod. it goes down the road straight enough, theyll never be perfect youll always be moving the wheel when cruzing
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM

Do a search on this forum and you should be able to find the link to the online manual. Some of these guys are printing it and keeping it. It should show what to do.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Jounior Member

i did my own alignment, super easy. i dont know how others do it but what i did was

jack the buggy up, took 2-4' levels and ziptied them to the wheels thru the rims with equal amounts stick out behind/infront of the tires. then loosened the tie rods so i could adjust them. i cant remember if i went 1" toe in or 1" toe out but im pretty sure it was toe out. then you take a measuring tape and measure the distance between the levels behind the tires, then the distance between them at the front (make sure your steering wheel is straight before you start aligning or else you might have a crooked steering wheel when youre fininshed) if you want a 1" toe out, then just keep adjusting the wheels equally until the back measurement is 1" less than the front, and if you want a toe in, then vice versa. then when you have what you want, tighten up the tie rod jam nuts and take er for a tour. might be a bit of a hillbilly way but it worked awesome for me. keep us posted!!

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for the herpes, that S**t'll come back with ya"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergrader007 View Post
i did my own alignment, super easy. i dont know how others do it but what i did was

jack the buggy up, took 2-4' levels and ziptied them to the wheels thru the rims with equal amounts stick out behind/infront of the tires. then loosened the tie rods so i could adjust them. i cant remember if i went 1" toe in or 1" toe out but im pretty sure it was toe out. then you take a measuring tape and measure the distance between the levels behind the tires, then the distance between them at the front (make sure your steering wheel is straight before you start aligning or else you might have a crooked steering wheel when youre fininshed) if you want a 1" toe out, then just keep adjusting the wheels equally until the back measurement is 1" less than the front, and if you want a toe in, then vice versa. then when you have what you want, tighten up the tie rod jam nuts and take er for a tour. might be a bit of a hillbilly way but it worked awesome for me. keep us posted!!
It will handle better if you set the toe at 0 Because of the bump steer the prowler has.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement