dealer service - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

dealer service

just got the cat in for the first oil change at 325 km on cluster, few minor things asked to be checked out.got a call back today the cat is ready on all the stuff they where to check,the service manager tells me that his mechanic thinks there a problem with the clutch so they are to verify that

kind of impressed by the service, i dont know up to know any dealer that will tell you that something else is wrong with you product while the warranty still on, not sure it is a good thing if i have a clutch problem but nice to know they seem to care about the customer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Loyal Member

There a some Great dealers out there, too bad there are also bad ones to spoil the pot! Be thankful.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 PM

Glad your experiencing a good dealer. Mines not to bad either. I know some of the guys on here have had terrible experiences. Lets be thankful for sure.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Founding Member

Thanks for the good dealer report. Let us know what they come up with regarding the clutch.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Rides all the time

It's nice to see people getting the service they deserve. All you hear about are the horror stories. Like anything, most people want to write about the bad instead of the good. Thanks for the positive update. Keep us posted on your clutch issue.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes5091 View Post
There a some Great dealers out there, too bad there are also bad ones to spoil the pot! Be thankful.
AMEN to that .. my local dealer [where I bought at] is a great guy but his service dept guy needs to find other work. I have to go across the border to another dealer to get great service.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by desh View Post
just got the cat in for the first oil change at 325 km on cluster, few minor things asked to be checked out.got a call back today the cat is ready on all the stuff they where to check,the service manager tells me that his mechanic thinks there a problem with the clutch so they are to verify that

kind of impressed by the service, i dont know up to know any dealer that will tell you that something else is wrong with you product while the warranty still on, not sure it is a good thing if i have a clutch problem but nice to know they seem to care about the customer
got a call back last night from dealer, what the mechanic told me was that he tought that the rock crushing sound when i go downhill and i brake was the one way bearing , they have changed it but apperently that sound is normal they say they contacted ac and since the rear brakes are on the shaft it will cause a vibration.

what do you guys think about that?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:41 AM

Desh mine has always made a loud noise, even when brand new, when braking. Especially hard braking.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy4bama View Post
Desh mine has always made a loud noise, even when brand new, when braking. Especially hard braking.
and it never caused any issues? cause to tell you the truth it is a deception i wanted to buy an ac for a long time, just hope that it will stop to that, i intend no to beat the crap out of it like i did with my yam quad who just took the abuse without complaining
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desh View Post
and it never caused any issues? cause to tell you the truth it is a deception i wanted to buy an ac for a long time, just hope that it will stop to that, i intend no to beat the crap out of it like i did with my yam quad who just took the abuse without complaining
No it has never give me any problems at all. I've heard auto 4 wheelers do the same thing. I've been told its anything from the belt, to slack in the gears, to a one way bearing in the trans, to the disc brake on the rear shaft needing turned. idk, but it's never giving me any problems, just annoying sometimes.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me