Brand New Machine and Blowing Belts!!?? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Brand New Machine and Blowing Belts!!??

I have a 2010 700 xtx that I bought this fall.. I had about 190 miles on it and the belt completely detonated... left me stranded in the middle of nowhere in sub-zero temps... Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've pretty much completely lost my faith in AC as they had no problem taking my 400$ when I got it fixed! This is my second Cat and I hate both so far.. Looking for a possible fix...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Loyal Member

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostxProwler View Post
I have a 2010 700 xtx that I bought this fall.. I had about 190 miles on it and the belt completely detonated... left me stranded in the middle of nowhere in sub-zero temps... Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've pretty much completely lost my faith in AC as they had no problem taking my 400$ when I got it fixed! This is my second Cat and I hate both so far.. Looking for a possible fix...
First welcome to the forum second it would be better, If you didnt start Bashing Arctic Cat right away. Things happen for a reason and I would have never paid 400 bucks for a belt with the install. It is pretty easy to replace the belt yourself. If you can hang on a little maybe Airdam or Clutch expert can help you.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes5091 View Post
First welcome to the forum second it would be better, If you didnt start Bashing Arctic Cat right away. Things happen for a reason and I would have never paid 400 bucks for a belt with the install. It is pretty easy to replace the belt yourself. If you can hang on a little maybe Airdam or Clutch expert can help you.
I guess it's not only first year models with problems......

Adam does great clutch work, but why give this guy problems when he freaking got stranded in sub zero temperatures after a belt grenaded with only 190 miles on his new machine???

Joe, wasn't it you that had the same thing happen a few months ago and if it wasn't for some of the fellow forum members you would have been stranded???
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Loyal Member

Lets not jump to conclusions here. On either side. We don't know if it was the cat or the operator. If someone is using high range in spots where they should have been using low That will smoke and eventually grenade a belt. And if the dealer saw the belt and sheaves had been over heated then maybe the 400 is justified. On the other hand If the operator operated the cat correctly and the belt was defective or the sheaves were defective than he should not have bee charged. They should have been replaced under warranty. There are a lot of unknowns here.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Low View Post
I guess it's not only first year models with problems......

Adam does great clutch work, but why give this guy problems when he freaking got stranded in sub zero temperatures after a belt grenaded with only 190 miles on his new machine???

Joe, wasn't it you that had the same thing happen a few months ago and if it wasn't for some of the fellow forum members you would have been stranded???
Yes I did have a problem it was MY fault I put a Carlisle belt on after seeing on the internet about them Exploding, But I didnt come on the board saying it was Arctic Cats fault. The Problem with Repotdepot and the wrong belt was their fault when I crashed at the Dunes and broke parts I didnt blame Arctic Cat. We do alot of things with our Prowlers and things happen, Its just if you were involved in The repair end at a Car Dealer you would see. When a customer cant set their radio because they dont read the owners manual the blame the Car maker.(Come on!) Ive heard it all before. Im not saying you cant complain but its not fair to Blame the Maker for EVERYTHING. Ive seen problems keep happening just because of the Tech that worked on it. Is that the Manufactures Fault? NO! And I wouldnt have been stranded I have many medical problems and I am thankful for the great friends I have and for the Great members on here. I could have changed it myself but it would have taken me A LOT longer!

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well Joe.. I own several toys from different manufacturers and its NEVER my first conclusion to blame the maker (namely AC). I was running it for some easy break in miles on a flat, straight revamped railbed cruising between 60 and 70 kilometers and hour. should I have shoved it in low range??? I know how these things work and I take it pretty easy on my prowler as I have toys kicking around that I can beat on.. this is my cruiser I bought for long trail rides and hunting.. that being said it would be nice to have it rugged enough to get me through the odd mud hole on the trail.. I was told I got water in the housing?? where is the intake? should I instal a snorkel so I can hit puddle without having to jam the breaks on?
I don't want you to take this as me trying to start a war.. not my intention at all and its hard to express that in a written message. I'm simply looking for a solution to my problem so I can get this thing to a point where I can put some worry free miles on and show all the boys what this thing will really do

Last edited by AlmostxProwler; 02-06-2011 at 11:04 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Well Joe.. I own several toys from different manufacturers and its NEVER my first conclusion to blame the maker (namely AC). I was running it for some easy breakeptk in miles on a flat, straight revamped railbed cruising between 60 and 70 kilometers and hour. should I have shoved it in low range??? I know how these things work and I take it pretty easy on my prowler as I have toys kicking around that I can beat on.. this is my cruiser I bought for long trail rides and hunting.. that being said it would be nice to have it rugged enough to get me through the odd mud hole on the trail.. I was told I got water in the housing?? where is the intake? should I instal a snorkel so I can hit puddle without having to jam the breaks on?
Thats a better explanation, My belt problems started wnen I got mine wet I didnt think the water was deep enough to do it then I bought a belt on Ebay that was supposed to be the correct belt so I insalled it. It kept slipping took it apart the part number on the Belt was not the same as the package had a very hard time with the seller. Then Bought a Carlisle belt after reading about them exploding I still installed it. Went riding made 65mph with it then it exploded went to a Gates belt lost speed and power. Went back to a Arctic Cat Belt and its great. They dont like water I am going to raise my CVT intake and vent. Sorry I didnt seam more understanding but I just cant stand when people blame the Manufacture for Everything. Good luck with your Prowler.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thats a better explanation, My belt problems started wnen I got mine wet I didnt think the water was deep enough to do it then I bought a belt on Ebay that was supposed to be the correct belt so I insalled it. It kept slipping took it apart the part number on the Belt was not the same as the package had a very hard time with the seller. Then Bought a Carlisle belt after reading about them exploding I still installed it. Went riding made 65mph with it then it exploded went to a Gates belt lost speed and power. Went back to a Arctic Cat Belt and its great. They dont like water I am going to raise my CVT intake and vent. Sorry I didnt seam more understanding but I just cant stand when people blame the Manufacture for Everything. Good luck with your Prowler.
Sorry.. didn't mean to sound like I was hating on the manufacturer... just frustrating.. seems like you've encountered the same thing as me.. Do you think a snorkel would be a proper remedy without affecting my performance too much? also do you have clutching done to yours? What do you run for a belt that seems to last on yours?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Sorry.. didn't mean to sound like I was hating on the manufacturer... just frustrating.. seems like you've encountered the same thing as me.. Do you think a snorkel would be a proper remedy without affecting my performance too much? also do you have clutching done to yours? What do you run for a belt that seems to last on yours?
Most of us think the Arctic Cat Belt is best, I think the CVT vent is too low on my machine Ive been trying to come up with the best way to correct it, I think I will convert the vent to PVC and raise it up higher. Good Luck if you need something just ask, There are So Many Great guys on here that are willing to help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement