Whining - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Whining

Guys lets understand that you may be having a problem with your Prowler,But you catch more Flies with sugar than Vinegar If you are looking for advise or help we will be here for you to try and help, But to start with Arctic Cats are JUNK,ETC Does not Help they are made by man and Man is NOT Perfect. Im not saying you have Love your Prowler like I do. But try to understand again its a Machine made by Man and Not always are they worked on by the best Mechanics also. Take it from me a Retired Ford Tech I worked with some Techs That couldnt change a spark plug!

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Loyal Member

Don't let it get to you Joe. Some people have to do things that way.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
Don't let it get to you Joe. Some people have to do things that way.
Like I said before Being in the car repair Business for so long you have heard it all and the people that complain correctly get the best service. The other sites I belong to dont put up with whining, But I realize sometime you do have to vent but you need to do it without being too harsh on the Company.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Jounior Member

i like to whine! especially if I forked out 10k+ dollars on a machine I never use and when I decide to use it it takes a dump on me..

Thankfully I didnt pay 10k+ like others and I used to treat mine pretty harsh I take full responsibility for everything I break... Now next season if something breaks taking me to the deer stand im gonna be highly upset.

2" Lift, 31" Maxxis Zillas, Gorilla axles, Snorkeled and ready.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes5091 View Post
Like I said before Being in the car repair Business for so long you have heard it all and the people that complain correctly get the best service. The other sites I belong to dont put up with whining, But I realize sometime you do have to vent but you need to do it without being too harsh on the Company.
Joe,

With all due respect, there's time for whining and time for bitching. You have a tride and true AC (I believe 650 or 700)...

There are some of us that bought first year models and had numerous problems (I guess our fault for expecting something better). I won't go into the details on mine, but like other XTZ owners when you spend 13k+ (base) on an XTZ then have a number of issues what else can you do but bitch.

The shity part is AC has shown little love to anyone simply seeking resolution... That's the difference between a decent company and great company!!!!! AC needs to show love for customers or it will be their last AC purchase...

I finally believe I have a decent working XTZ (even after split tried burning it down - I don't know if I should thank Jonny at UTV crap for his fire exinguisher that I mounted a week prior as maybe it burning to the ground would have been best )... AC wanted nothing to do with that issue although they changed designs in most recent ones (again, AC not wanting to stand by their product). I've had great service on mine, but that doesn't compensate for the lack of R&D prior to releasing a product.

Anyway, one of these days I look forward to meeting you and some of the other forum members... Since getting on this forum I've met and rode with some good people, including Spilt, Flying121, Glamis Prowler, and Adubaz (oh by the way Andy, thanks for selling me your Muzzy and Power Commander V - they are a great addition to Adams stage 5 work)...

I'll be in Gordon's for the Presidents weekend if anyone plans to be around...
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Loyal Member

Joe does have some valid points and is pointing out how some people come on here and the first thing they do is start mother effing their cat. I have rode with guys with a lot of different utv's and they all have had growing pain problems. Have they gotten better yes. Have the Prowlers gotten better yes. We try and help everyone on here. That has been the philosophy we have tried to live by since the early days of this site. Like I have said we are glad to help around here.
For you guys that think the other brands don't have problems go visit some other utv sites. You just might find out that what I am saying is not that far off.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Founding Member

Ok so here is my beef. I am at Disney Land with my family and the $3.50 Churros are gone in only three bits. What's the world coming to.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 AM

In all fairness most forums guys come to bitch about and find cures for their problems, No Matter What Brand.

I had my 08 650 XT and after the second time it blew the belt and left me sitting on a vacation with no other means of transport I was pissed and switching brands.

But after getting on the forum expressing my frustration and calming down I traded on another Prowler as I was pleased with the ride just not the problems I had with the one machine. Haven't had any issues with the new one yet.

So guys please be understanding when someone comes on and complains about their machine. Takes awhile to get the entire story and hopefully get calmed down and back to fixing the issue and enjoying the ride.

2010 Prowler XTZ 1000-
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail-Brake lights//Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/Fat Max storage Box in bed
Tiger Tail Towing system
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Low View Post
Joe,

With all due respect, there's time for whining and time for bitching. You have a tride and true AC (I believe 650 or 700)...

There are some of us that bought first year models and had numerous problems (I guess our fault for expecting something better). I won't go into the details on mine, but like other XTZ owners when you spend 13k+ (base) on an XTZ then have a number of issues what else can you do but bitch.

The shity part is AC has shown little love to anyone simply seeking resolution... That's the difference between a decent company and great company!!!!! AC needs to show love for customers or it will be their last AC purchase...

I finally believe I have a decent working XTZ (even after split tried burning it down - I don't know if I should thank Jonny at UTV crap for his fire exinguisher that I mounted a week prior as maybe it burning to the ground would have been best )... AC wanted nothing to do with that issue although they changed designs in most recent ones (again, AC not wanting to stand by their product). I've had great service on mine, but that doesn't compensate for the lack of R&D prior to releasing a product.

Anyway, one of these days I look forward to meeting you and some of the other forum members... Since getting on this forum I've met and rode with some good people, including Spilt, Flying121, Glamis Prowler, and Adubaz (oh by the way, thanks for selling me your Muzzy and Power Commander V - they are a great addition to Adams stage 5 work)...

I'll be in Gordon's for the Presidents weekend if anyone plans to be around...
Believe me Im with the guys that Bought 09 XTZs I wish everyone would stay away from 1st year models of Anything! I think Arctic Cat should Extend the warranties for free to people that bought them, I remember telling customers that bought 188 Lincoln Continentals I was sorry for all the Problems they were having Ford messed up Big Time with that car and I think Ford should have bought all of them back. If you would know the business if a Customer comes in and their Car is out of warranty and they are saying I HATE THIS CAR! FORD SUCKS! They wont get help, But if they come in and state My car is really messed up it has been a GREAT car Do You Think Ford Can Help me out? It work Ive seen for pay for all or half of the repair.

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes5091 View Post
Guys lets understand that you may be having a problem with your Prowler,But you catch more Flies with sugar than Vinegar If you are looking for advise or help we will be here for you to try and help, But to start with Arctic Cats are JUNK,ETC Does not Help they are made by man and Man is NOT Perfect. Im not saying you have Love your Prowler like I do. But try to understand again its a Machine made by Man and Not always are they worked on by the best Mechanics also. Take it from me a Retired Ford Tech I worked with some Techs That couldnt change a spark plug!
Joe, I'm one of the ones who you probably think is "brand bashing" when in fact I'm not hating on AC i'm just losing faith in them.. I've even spoken with hq on some of my issues.. not wanting to switch brands, just looking for some solutions and support and as of yet, I have recieved none. I've gotten the "its all your fault" treatment every time.. that's all.. I haven't said one bad word to my riding buddies against AC.. I'm not like that but one thing I will say.. some of my friends who are in the market to buy a side x side and have the money to spend are looking elsewhere.. It upsets me that this is happening to a good brand and a good company but it is what it is... "proof is in the pudding"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement