diff seals leak/warranty - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

diff seals leak/warranty

to all of you that have warranty and you have diff leaking seals

after the 3rd time in the last month 1/2 with both front seals leaking on my xtx and my brother`s xtz same issue (twice front once rear)

we have talked to his dealer
he has been selling prowlers ever since they are produced,he changes once the seal on warranty and after that he replaces the axles witch ac warranty aproves and he says that it has resolved all his issues

so i got my dealer that is pretty new on the market to change my both axles what he agreed to after he talked with the service rep from my brother`s dealer

if you have your dealer wanting to change the seals more then once might want talk them to change the axels,

brought the cats in yesterday to my dealer to get that done so i will keep you guys updated on the outcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Loyal Member

Good point and on the XTZ mid year 2010 down to 2009 they redesigned the rear axle so you are wasting your time if the seal is replaced under warranty. The seal is not the problem. If you have the mid year 2010 or newer XTZ you have the new axles. You can tell by looking at the rear inner near the diff it should be white.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 AM

How many Km's on your xtx?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostxProwler View Post
How many Km's on your xtx?
i have had the first leaks at around 700kms,2nd at 930km's and now at 1160 km's front axle on driver side now popped out twice about every 200km's the seals are leaking
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
Good point and on the XTZ mid year 2010 down to 2009 they redesigned the rear axle so you are wasting your time if the seal is replaced under warranty. The seal is not the problem. If you have the mid year 2010 or newer XTZ you have the new axles. You can tell by looking at the rear inner near the diff it should be white.
will tell that to my brother to look out for the whit inner thing
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:37 AM

Wow! I really hope I don't encouter this kind of problem.. my 2010 xtx only has about 580 on it.. no probs yet (knock on wood). Hope they fix your problem with the axle change out.. that must be frustrating. I'm going to add a the extra bellows on both the front and rear diffs to hopefully take some of the stress of those seals.. let us know how it all works out. Have you been getting any trips in with all this snow?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Wow! I really hope I don't encouter this kind of problem.. my 2010 xtx only has about 580 on it.. no probs yet (knock on wood). Hope they fix your problem with the axle change out.. that must be frustrating. I'm going to add a the extra bellows on both the front and rear diffs to hopefully take some of the stress of those seals.. let us know how it all works out. Have you been getting any trips in with all this snow?
aint fun cause every two rides it goes back to dealer but once i am riding it i forget about the probs,this winter is exceptionaly mild for us
we barely dont have snow i would say we have about 1 foot left only on the ground so we ride every weekend since the hunting season over

you guys had a shit load of snow lately in the atlantic
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM

Ya we sure do have a pile of snow here!! about 5 feet at least.. at my camp in Sussex WAY more than that!! been a good year for the snowmobiles! lol I can't wait to get out on the prowler but i'm sure we'll be waiting for a while for it to all melt. I'll try and upload a pic of my prowler on the path I dug out yesterday just to get it out of the shop... it took a couple hours to dig it out and the snow is almost taller than the bike....
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Ya we sure do have a pile of snow here!! about 5 feet at least.. at my camp in Sussex WAY more than that!! been a good year for the snowmobiles! lol I can't wait to get out on the prowler but i'm sure we'll be waiting for a while for it to all melt. I'll try and upload a pic of my prowler on the path I dug out yesterday just to get it out of the shop... it took a couple hours to dig it out and the snow is almost taller than the bike....
sure would be nice too see those pics,
over here we ride in federated trails (now that they allow sxs less then 64" wide) so no matter how much snow the dozer grooms the trails every week so we are good all winter long
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
say that again? my seals leak like no other, and i'm positive its the seals. they have been replaced, didn't leak for a couple trips, now they are leaking again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement