If You Have Problems With Arctic Cat Or A Dealer - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

If You Have Problems With Arctic Cat Or A Dealer

With some of you having problems contacting AC, I thought I would post this for all to read and have. AC strongly pushes for the customer to first have the dealer pursue all avenues they can (that is so the dealer can attempt at handling it, rather than AC getting 200 calls a week from customers), then if the dealer fails, the customer should contact AC. Unfortunately, often, the dealer may not come thru for the customer.
I'm sorry that many may have problems, I have myself encountered contact problems with AC, but kept on and was able to have the situation taken care of, in all cases, even though they were few. It doesn't excuse AC from it, but perhaps sheds a bit of light.

From FAQ's on AC's website...

Quote:
My dealer is having trouble fixing my Arctic Cat. Where can I get help?
Please ask your dealer to call Arctic Cat's Technical Service staff for assistance or consult the CatQuest technical solution database.

Can I speak directly to Arctic Cat Technical Support or Engineering?
No, all service and technical support must be coordinated through your authorized Arctic Cat dealer.

Can I purchase a service manual or owners manual for my Arctic Cat product?
Yes, your Arctic Cat dealer can order a manual for you just like any other part or accessory.

My Arctic Cat vehicle is in need of repair, but the warranty has expired. Will assistance be offered to me?
Any out of warranty repair assistance offered by Arctic Cat must be coordinated through an authorized Arctic Cat dealer.

If the warranty on your Arctic Cat has expired, but you feel strongly that your situation merits out of warranty assistance, you must authorize a repair inspection through an authorized Arctic Cat dealer at your expense. Once a diagnosis of the problem has been made, if your dealer supports your request, the dealer will forward their findings to Arctic Cat's technical service staff to see if assistance is available. Only an authorized Arctic Cat dealer can request out of warranty assistance on your behalf.

I have a service related concern with my Arctic Cat dealer. What should I do?
We recommend discussing your concerns directly with the Service Manager of the dealership. They are in the best position to assist you. If you are still not satisfied please contact our Customer Support department.

In order to begin your customer support file, we will require your name, daytime contact information, the name of your servicing dealer, your unit serial number, and a brief description of your concern.

In the USA
phone: 218-681-9851
fax: 218-681-9859

In Canada
phone: 204-982-1656
fax: 204-832-0205

Sticky this if possible so all can refer to it...thanks..
Retired1 likes this.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Loyal Member

Darryl is customer satisfaction numbers about the dealer service available to the customer?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
Darryl is customer satisfaction numbers about the dealer service available to the customer?
Yes, as mentioned on the last question point above, make sure you have discussed the issue with the appropriate manager at the dealership, then, if the dealer does not handle the issue, call the Customer Satifaction Line, referencing a dealer. Be prepared to have full details and facts when you call. The dealer will be notified also to receive their side of the story.
Keep it factual, unemotional but direct. This line is more for service related problems, but if it is a dealer problem other than service or warranty related, they can direct it to where it can be handled. Also, keep in mind, Arctic Cat, by most state's franchise laws, cannot step into a dealership and tell them how to run their business, but Arctic Cat can refuse to offer a contract for the next year (but that will result in lawyers being invovled and no one wins then).
Better Business Bureaus are also great tools for handling dealership problems.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...

Last edited by Darryl89; 04-02-2011 at 02:34 PM.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Loyal Member

I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Are there satisfaction numbers out to see how well a dealer does with service? Like rating from customers on how they where treated by a certain dealer? Was the problem fixed?
I think you were referring to a phone number to call if all else fails.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Are there satisfaction numbers out to see how well a dealer does with service? Like rating from customers on how they where treated by a certain dealer? Was the problem fixed?
I think you were referring to a phone number to call if all else fails.
Sorry, misunderstood the question. As far as I know, there is no number to call or website to refer to that gives dealer ratings. Each dealer does get response ratings from customers that have purchased machines, but those are all confidential, for the dealer to learn what they need to improve on.
For now, I think word of mouth is the only true way to know...

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Darryl.....I have an 800 number that I use to contact AC, and I always got right through .. must have made 20 or so calls to engineering about some design flaws that I found on my 650 and spoke to someone every time I called. I'll look in the garage for the number when I get out there today.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 02:24 PM

I would be interested also if you don't mind.

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Jounior Member

Careful on how many calls you place cuz they might change the number. lol
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Jounior Member

Good post by the way.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 03:54 PM

talked to the owener of the dealership and expressed my concerns of my issues and it turned out to be a technician related I can do what I want issue and assured me that if the trans fails even if out of warranty the will take care of it for me. Oh and right after the conversation AC called my cell phone and for now the complaint is on the back burner.

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause
Sponsored Links
Advertisement