Rear diff leak on drive shaft - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Rear diff leak on drive shaft

well i have searched the forum several times and all i find is seal leaks from the axel shafts well i went on a ride yesterday and now i have a good leak coming out of my diff leaking from the drive shaft input. oil is all over my brake caliper and pads. it is deffinitly not brake fluid. just wondering if any of you guys have had this issue and did you have to dissassemble the whole diff to replace the seals it looks like a pretty easy job just looking for some hints and tricks thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Loyal Member

Have you seen some of the other threads that we have on this subject? There are some good tips in those other post. If you can't find what you need in the other post we can go through it again for ya if you like.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

chris i have spent several hours on and off looking for info but seem to be at a loss. all i read about is seals blowing out people drilling and tapping new holes for breathers, bellos are to short and so on. i run amsoil gear oil and have for about 6 months. just ran into this issue today. can i fix the problem with leaving the diff in place and i saw that you leave an inch of room in the diffs from the fill hole do you know hom many oz or mm you put in them. i just fill them to the hole and screw the cap on. my ft does not leak anything but this is a first for me and am very maticulose about reliability and no leaks. should i replace the bearing in there to behind the retainer, wile im at it?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Founding Member

JP, Mine leaked from the same spot after I did a service and filled it to the bottom of the hole like the service manual said. We have found you must fun these diffs 1" below the hole. The get to hot and with the bellow breather design they build to much pressure and the seals are the weak point. The breather relocate mod is a good idbut not a total must. The fluid level is the problem. Clean everthing up and drop the oil leave. If it still leaks then you may of blown the seal and it will need to be changed.

Hope this helps

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

i orderd the seal from eaac today. just to have it. ill let some oil out of the diff in the ft to. just to be safe.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Jounior Member

I just filled mine to 1" below the fill hole and it still ran up the breather and all over the f'n place

It is what it is....
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

good to know, ive always had mine topped off and this is my first leak. i dont think no two prowlers are alike haha. its comical
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Founding Member

Breather? Or Bellow? The problem is A/C put the breather elbow in a wet cavity and the diff creates some much heat and pumps that fluid right up the hose. This why some of use are drilling into a dry cavity and relocating it and we can use a breather with a catch can.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

well i started pulling the skid plates to get access from underneath and noticed there is a cap in the center of the u joint on the differential it looks like a plug about the size of a quarter, well it was laying on the skid plate i see it in a diagram but not labeled is it important. seth did you drill a new vent hole
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

ok i found the part# that poped out, was it a big deal to pop out, did it build pressure to pop out? and could the oil be coming from their or more likely the seal

Arctic Cat COVER,END(28X7)
Part Number: 1402-322
Price: $2.97
Sponsored Links
Advertisement