snorkle ????s - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

snorkle ????s

Ok. You guys that are snorkling your prowlers, how nessasary is it really to do it? I wont be doin much water or deep mud riding. So is the stock stuff good enough? Or should I do it. I have been reading on here about snorkles but nothing has really answered my questions. But at the same time I live in Poo country (where poos are built) so I dont want to be out and have any problems either if I am with a bunch poo riders. So any help would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Jounior Member

Snorkling the carb. will keep the air cleaner cleaner, as the air will be drawn from above most of the dust kicked up by rear wheels. I did mine and am very happy with the results.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Jounior Member

Scheftie is right. But the stock belt ducting is pretty good if you seal it up (drain plugs Etc.)

09 XTZ, 4" seats, 5" lowered cage, dual exhaust, HMF intake, UTV crap frame stiffeners, A/F meter, Terracross tires, RZR seats, passenger grab bar, Airdam 1-3 clutch.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Jounior Member

I did my 700 and was the best upgrade of all, air stays way cleaner, clutches are getting cooler air which is always good.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM

I agree with ya on that one Goonski! mine's getting better air all around and it's making more power cuz of less restriction.. I don't go through much deep stuff either but I can be a lot more confident my clutches and air filter are staying much cleaner when I'm hitting a few puddles to play around! lol added bonus.. although the engine noise is a little bit louder, I love the growley sound.. Lots of good help on here for snorkeling questions.. I did mine thanks to all the help I got from the good ol boys on this site! best 45 dollar mod ever!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 06:11 PM

lost the motor in my 08 650 because of one dusty 200 mile ride
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Jounior Member

I snorkeled mine for 2 reasons, to keep the air filter cleaner, I used to clean it nearly every ride and now 2 or 3 times a year. 2nd reason was I was I was having trouble with the case seals in the clutch area, thinking that the air going in was either to dirty or too hot, since it was done I haven't had any trouble. Mission accomplished!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostxProwler View Post
I agree with ya on that one Goonski! mine's getting better air all around and it's making more power cuz of less restriction.. I don't go through much deep stuff either but I can be a lot more confident my clutches and air filter are staying much cleaner when I'm hitting a few puddles to play around! lol added bonus.. although the engine noise is a little bit louder, I love the growley sound.. Lots of good help on here for snorkeling questions.. I did mine thanks to all the help I got from the good ol boys on this site! best 45 dollar mod ever!!
Can I get some pictures of how u all did your snorkles? I am looking for a clean look with nothing sticking up or in sight if at all possible??? Thanks again
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Jounior Member

last big ride i went on had water over the hood. so in my area its good insurance. i hate the look of pipes sticking up everywhere, but not as much as i hate the look of water in the oil
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapoofan View Post
Can I get some pictures of how u all did your snorkles? I am looking for a clean look with nothing sticking up or in sight if at all possible??? Thanks again
Don't know how you would go about doing it without anything in sight... mine come up through my arm rest and my outlet for the clutch is just below that... I can still show you my picks, I did a pretty clean job of putting them up through and securing them and they're not in my way at all.. as soon as I get my camera working (lost my charger ) I'll share them with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement