Are you happy with your XTZ??? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XTZ
Happy 20 86.96%
Unhappy 2 8.70%
Other 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Are you happy with your XTZ???

Ok here is the thread to vent. Are you happy with your XTZ??? If you not why????

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Jounior Member

I voted Happy. The only down side is after market accessories. But I did realize that even before I bought it. This is my first SXS and would buy it again in a heart beat.

2011 Prowler 1000 XTZ

post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeRover View Post
I voted Happy. The only down side is after market accessories. But I did realize that even before I bought it. This is my first SXS and would buy it again in a heart beat.
Thank You, You do have a Great looking Prowler!

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Jounior Member

Love the machine,
hate the dealer/warranty
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 PM

No problems with mine. I love it!!!

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ1000

GAMERS check out my Gaming Channel WhatsMyGame https://www.youtube.com/user/rcevolution74
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 10:25 PM
cnj
Jounior Member

Happy.......now that I got a few issues ironed out.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000
Fusion Off-Road Motorsports 2 seat cage
HCR +6 Long Travel w/King 2.0 shocks
Custom seat lowering by Prestige Motorsports
Neri Style SRD II seats
Prestige doors
Autometer water temp and volt gauges
Dirtlights hi-beam HID replacements
LED aux lights
LED tail/brake lights
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 AM

Happy with the unit. UNHAPPY with the dealer

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 05:19 AM

Happy with machine and dealer, just need more ride time

2010 Prowler XTZ 1000-
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail-Brake lights//Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/Fat Max storage Box in bed
Tiger Tail Towing system
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Jounior Member

Happy whit my XTZ not a single problem only a flat tire in one year
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Founding Member

I am very happy with my XTZ. You may ask, "but why did you modify it so much?" Plain and simple, the XTZ was designed as a dual purpose, trail and utility machine. Yes, they put a big engine in it, but they kept the same utilitarian seating position and chassis layout.

I know, without a doubt, I drive hard. If you give me a steel ball, I'll break it. I am one of those people that can push a machine to it's limits and beyond. And knowing that I'm that way, I know that the XTZ WILL NOT HOLD UP UNDER MY DRIVING STYLE!!! But then again, neither will a RZR XP900 or Canned Ham...My driving style is more suited to a trophy truck than a UTV.

With that all in mind, I proceeded to drive my machine for a few months to find the weaknesses. I found them... then I proceeded with Prowler Build 3.0.

I'm sure, I'll break more parts, burn more belts, and find ways to abuse it, but that is NOT Arctic Cat's fault. They built a good machine. Yes, it has some problems. But you know what, so do Polaris', Can Ams, Yamahas and others.
I the last month, I have seen the follow carnage on the trails:

1. Can Am X with the front spindle that had fallen off.. (the owner put it up for sale that evening, said he had too many problems with it so far).
2. Polaris RZR-S and RZR with dusted engines from improper air cleaner seals.
3. Polaris RZR-4 that went thru the original transmission, then another and now is on tranny #3.
4. RZR XP900 with bent trailing arms...(actually saw many of these at ROTR).
5. Yamaha Rhino that couldn't keep from vibrating apart every 5 miles...it was common to stop and let them tighten this or that..
6. Can Am with problems with the "Throttle-by-wire" system..seems the throttle likes to shut off completely when the machine is jumped hard, causing it to severely nose-dive.
7. Weak front drive diffs and belts in RZRs...those are a dime-a-dozen occurrence.
8. Weak roll cages on RZRs and Teryx's... don't roll or you are F*^%$...
9. Power steering insensitivity and "too electric" feeling on Polaris power steering units. Which in 2 cases that I saw in person, resulted in RZR roll overs in dirt PARKING LOTS, both under 15mph.
10. Bent chassis on RZR's and RZR-S when jumped or hitting ledges in sandwashes. 3 times, each resulting in major damage to the chassis and in one case, totalling it.

Do you want more, it's out there... I could go on and on and on.
It boils down to how you drive and what you do with it. I submit, AC did not plan on their XTZ being run as hard as it is. They built a UTILITY UTV, not a sport machine.

My biggest gripe is that it's taken years for AC to come out with a sport specific machine. But I knew enough of it almost a year ago and you should be glad that AC waited till the RZR XP900 came out to release theirs, doing that enabled them to build a better machine to 1-up the RZR. And now, Polaris will have to spend significant amounts of money and lose profit to out do the AC before Polaris' break-even point on the XP production run (it takes almost 3 years of machine production to break even on tool-up and engineering costs, and major changes prior to that, costs them lots of money).

I don't blame Hollon or anyone else for buying a RZR-XP900, hell, I've admired that machine myself. I do blame anyone for buying a Canned Ham... saw 3 of those break down on the trails at Moab last week. And I'm sure it was quite embarrassing to the Canned Ham owner that Shawny125 smoked at the races that week.
But Hollon and others will be back when the Wildcat comes out and makes it's name. Hope that the cost cutters and accountants don't strangle the performance of the machine, that's what you need to be screaming to AC now...

BUT I LOVE MY XTZ, EVEN IF I HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO DRIVE IT IN A YEAR...cause I know what I have now..an XTZ-DR...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement