bore-scope and transmission - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Question bore-scope and transmission

Here is what I found this morning.

Only put 60miles on and was making the noise under accel from the first ride.

What do you guys think is fair as far getting some $ back.

Previoius owner said to call back Monday.

I will put it back together and do a compression test when I get home to decide if long-block or short-block directions.

What do you guys think about the updated trans set?
Would that be a option if compression is good.
I don't want to do this again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Well I found bits and pieces of the washer and gear in the oil sump when I went to put it all together lot's of metal in that piece that comes off with the 4 bolts.

I thought I was supposed to see up into the case bottom.
Now I know what you all were talking about.

ARUGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Loyal Member

Boy this is a tough one. I won't take sides here because you are both stand up guys. Andy has helped me and spent many hours trying to get my PCV set up. He really went out of his way driving over an hour each way to my house to help many times. I can tell you that the motor ran great before it was sent to you. I don't think Andy would have ever sold anyone a motor that had issues if he knew about them. You seem like a great guy and always willing to help people when they need it as well. I think this situation sucks for both of you. I don't know what I would do if I was Andy because when we buy something used it is as is with no warranty unless it was agreed to prior to the sale. With that being said if I was in your shoes I would be very angry and let down. This is going to be something you two will have to work out and settle and I hope it turns out good for both of you.

As far as the new secondary I would absolutely rebuild with the new parts. Send a message to Matt he has a lot of knowledge about this since he just went through it. Don't waste your time rebuilding with the old secondary. It will be a never ending battle. Sorry to hear about your misfotune I truly know what you are going through. Let me know if I can help you out with any phone numbers or part numbers or anything you may need help with.

Regards,

Todd

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
Well I found bits and pieces of the washer and gear in the oil sump when I went to put it all together lot's of metal in that piece that comes off with the 4 bolts.

I thought I was supposed to see up into the case bottom.
Now I know what you all were talking about.

ARUGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

When I pulled mine it was the same thing. My stomach turned and anger set in.

Take a few deep breaths and remember life is to short to let the little things bother us. Trust me I have had many bad days dealing with these issues and I am still dealing with problems myself. I have had my XTZ since early 2009 and I have 7 rides on it. I take accountability for all of these problems and i have learned a great deal about the important things in life over the last few years dealing with my car. Hang in there buddy and things will work out for you.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Oh no I am not angry at Andy he seemed nice and willing to work with me.
I am let down and put out though.

I have been in his shoes.
I think it is a shocker for both of us.

He told me to think about what would be fair and get back with him on Monday.

I bought alot of parts as part of this sale and do not know what the repair will cost and thought I would ask neutral parties what a fair compermise would be.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Loyal Member

How much are the new tranny parts including gaskets?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Loyal Member

There will most likely be some more damage in the engine case and possibly a piston with a chunk missing out of the bottom. The picture of your pan is missing many other pieces from the secondary washers and gears and they went through an oil galley.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Loyal Member

The other parts will be laying in the bottom of the case that you cannot get to unless the inner clutch cover is off. The pickup has a descent pickup screen. If pieces went through the galleys that size that thing would have went up in smoke a long time ago.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
The other parts will be laying in the bottom of the case that you cannot get to unless the inner clutch cover is off. The pickup has a descent pickup screen. If pieces went through the galleys that size that thing would have went up in smoke a long time ago.

Did I not show you the pictures from my mess? There were little pieces all over the place in my motor. They were not all at the bottom of the case.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Loyal Member

That's not your motor. You got yours replaced under extended warranty that cost you 50 dollars. You have got to be kidding me if you think that thing is still gonna be running with pieces like that going through the crank bearings. It's not gonna happen. There will be pieces all over the bottom of it.
Tear it down. Inspect it. Have Andy pay for the parts or whatever you guys agree to and have some piece of mind cause you have the updated tranny. Hopefully the updated tranny will work with the old case. These things are not that hard to put back together guys. And anyone can take em apart with some homemade tools.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement