help us all - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

help us all

ok guys im calling out to all my prowler brothern. one of you guys down in america have to know someone with a good cnc machine,maybe those guys building the SLD delete? ok heres the deal. who is willing or has the capabilities to make solid alum or billet alum bottom eng cases for 1000 xtz/quad engines. this would require hollowing out the inside for oil pan while leaving twice as much material in the areas supporting the brgs. you could make it deeper then stock to regain lost oil cap or add to it. and not machine all the material off the outside in the area of the transfer gears/brgs where the current cases are splitting open. this would make this a fairly bullet proof eng.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken 5.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	2475  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 08:08 PM

give Dean a shout at D&P PERFORMANCE . 435-586-5172. he may be interested in something or know somebody that can help you out ,
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Jounior Member

That would be a great setup but would cost serious coin. A rear diff cover is 300 so a pan would probable be 1500+.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Founding Member

Good point that would cost a lot of $. What do you think is the cause of the cracking case?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

there isnt enuf material in the pan/bottom case to hold all the guts in. does anyone know if the gen 3 is any better then gen 2? gen one case is alot stronger then gen 2.gen 1 had its own issues but at least there was more meat in it and more bolts. mines been down for 3 weeks now waiting for someone to make a decision on the repair. starting to piss me off since winters coming quik.my prob is i take it 50 miles from the trailer by myself,and it blew apart w/o warning. luckily i wasnt alone this time but now i dont know that i can trust it anymore.i mean i know full well that its a quad eng in a mini truck and with that in the back of my mind i dont beat the hell out of it,but i did buy a 1000 for a reason. i was concidering a wildcat but its the same eng no matter what they try and say so im gunna havta pass. maybe a new XP is in order,rallied the hell out of one in moab and was quite impressed.plus the eng and trans was purpose built for the abuse this veh will see.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Founding Member

The XP seems gto have a really strong motor from what I have seen.
AC can't afford to let the Wildcat flop. I would only imagin they fixed the motor issues.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
The XP seems gto have a really strong motor from what I have seen.
AC can't afford to let the Wildcat flop. I would only imagin they fixed the motor issues.
well AC has known about these trans issues on all their engs for awhile now and dont seem to be in any hurry to admit it or fix it permanently. i have a fairly long history with AC and its just how they roll,they never back update anything like the other manufacturers do,and i know they do because ive been involved in it. ive been happy with my xtz and this is the first problem ive had with it in 1800 miles.but i can tell you that if your truck was at my shop for an eng/trans it wouldnt be there for 3 weeks waiting for someone to approve the repair w/o the cust coming completely unglued!!!!!!
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Founding Member

I totally agree. AC needs to step up to the plate on this issue if they want to keep selling XTZ's. If it's the same pan on the Wildcat then we may be in for some more issues.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM

getting my 2010xtz back from dealer this week. it blew a hole in the tranny case with 680 miles on it.My dealership had no problem with AC warranty, they actually replaced the motor with a brand new one,it was at the dealer for 2.5 weeks.very happy
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Founding Member

Glad to hear a good dealer story. I trully think it all comes down to how well the is willing to work. If they don't go to bat for you then we get the short stick. Keep us posted on how things work out.

What did they up grade on your new motor to prvent this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement