Question on XTZ clutching - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Question on XTZ clutching

For those of you not running adams clutches or speedwerks , what have you done one your own to the clutches them self's. diffrent rollers and weights ? I just want my XTZ to feel like the first time I drove mine, could not get it over fifty miles an hour with out it getting completly sideways and out of control , miss that feeling. I run it on fire roads hard desert and at glamis with paddles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Forgot to add I have 1300 mile's on my XTZ and last desert trip to Glamis last weekend the clutch was kicking at around 4000-4500 rpms and the motor had to pull it up from there. thanx for the replies
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Jounior Member

I run the speedworks 15 gram rollers and love it. I live in ramona and run same areas
my rpms went from 5500 to close to 7000 in glamis and lots more low end.

roger

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 09:31 AM

IMHO the best thing you can do is change the rollers out . i had all of Airdams work on one of my motors . it ran alot better. but for the money im not sure . this last motor has D&Ps rollers in it with stock clutches . this was the smoothest and best it had ever performed. a lot quieter and smoother with the RPMS set at 6800 . lots of Low end. for a 4 seater with 8plys .

Dean said awhile back that they had put a chart together with what roller work best with what mods and weights of the cars. you can call them, ask for Dean and see what he can recomend .

D&P performance 435-586-5172
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 PM

Is it the 4 seasons clutch kit your talking about. the site won't let me post the link yet. Guess I'm still a rookie. LOL
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
Is it the 4 seasons clutch kit your talking about. the site won't let me post the link yet. Guess I'm still a rookie. LOL

that im not sure , best thing to do is call them .
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post

just got off the phone with Dean about this kit . he says , its a general all around kit . that raises the shift out and mostly for low end .. for general riding in all conditions . ie snow mud , rocks or running snow tracks. ,

he puts kits together based on model , modifications , riding style , and altitude, its best to call with this info about your car and they can put together something that will work best for you .

hope this helps.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soazcat View Post
just got off the phone with Dean about this kit . he says , its a general all around kit . that raises the shift out and mostly for low end .. for general riding in all conditions . ie snow mud , rocks or running snow tracks. ,

he puts kits together based on model , modifications , riding style , and altitude, its best to call with this info about your car and they can put together something that will work best for you .

hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. This forum needs a thank you button like one of the other ones I go to.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Rides all the time

It does have a thanks or kinda.

You click on the scale and add to their reputation it's under the avtar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement