Transplant - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Transplant

Hey Folks, just my evil mind thinking of doing something different and maybe get some big gains. AC has a 660 Turbo in their snowmobile line up! Gimmy your 2 cents on doing a transplant into my 650H1 2006 Prowler. I drove one a few years ago and just cant get it off my mind. I think it was a Pantera Touring sled. That thing would run up to over 90MPH in no time at all. The extra torque from the Turbo is sick and just makes me drule at the possibilities. I also think it makes well over 90 Horse Power.
Crazy Cannuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 04:30 PM

anyhting is possible.! is that engine a 2 stroke ? im thinking alot of those sled ran 2 stoke engines . but if your serious about a transplant the sky is the limit ao maybe you skills and pocket book . but if you really wanna go badass look at the Apex motor out of the yamaha sleds !! 150hp stock 4 cylinders !
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soazcat View Post
anyhting is possible.! is that engine a 2 stroke ? im thinking alot of those sled ran 2 stoke engines . but if your serious about a transplant the sky is the limit ao maybe you skills and pocket book . but if you really wanna go badass look at the Apex motor out of the yamaha sleds !! 150hp stock 4 cylinders !
The 660 turbo is indeed a 4 stroker. It's the same engine that came in the susy swift or them those mini trucks from across the pond

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Transplant Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
The 660 turbo is indeed a 4 stroker. It's the same engine that came in the susy swift or them those mini trucks from across the pond
So the Suzy swift had a Cat Motor in it? Wow! I just want to stick with Cat because it would also give anyone else a parts list to do it as close to stock Cat parts as possible. The other is Gas mileage. Just something about having the same size motor with that much more HP. Oh and the torque. LOLOLOL Thanks but keep the Ideas comming in, I'm going to start looking for a used Cat Sled 660T WooHoo and wish me luck
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Jounior Member

I might be able to get my hands on a complete 660 turbo motor. I will let you know.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Transplant Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapoofan View Post
I might be able to get my hands on a complete 660 turbo motor. I will let you know.
If anyone wants to help out its appreciated!!! However I live in Northern Ontario Canada. Not sure why but being on the Forum and talking Cat talk is so cool, sad part is I'm 52 and getting younger lolol. When I get the Sled to do the Transplant I'll have to look closer to me than the USA. We have what we call www.kijiji.com its fillled with so many things, I'm going to play this patient and look for the right thing. Your opinion is Important to me....Oh by the way Merry Xmas to you all!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 11:38 AM

First off, Merry Christmas to you too!! I've been sledding with a buddy who has the 660t and it works great! good on fuel lots of power and really good on fuel! keep in mind tho that its not the same motor as yours.. I believe the 660t is a 3 cylinder inline motor so fitting it in might be a challenge but anything is possible for sure! as an old friend always says: metal does not refuse money!! with all that power get ready to start snapping axles!! lol that would be one cool buggy!

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 10:54 PM

Why not use a turbo Z1 motor. It's a twin 1053 cc with 177 hp or non turbo 125hp.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Transplant Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
Why not use a turbo Z1 motor. It's a twin 1053 cc with 177 hp or non turbo 125hp.
Ya.....that would be fun...but I think the 650H1 Struckture couldnt take that much power...I already have some Frame welding for this spring to do lololol Good Idea though. I'm just wondering what the similarities are between the 660T and 650H1. See if I can find and make some claims early in the new year, thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement