Whats the deal. Does anyone add perf mods to the prowler 1000. No response to posts. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Whats the deal. Does anyone add perf mods to the prowler 1000. No response to posts.

Just lookin for some performance info on these machines. Is this the best site for that type of info or are there others that I could join to get info on. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Jounior Member

i've only got the 650, but i'd probably say clutch is always a quick proven method before getting into more costly things such as exhaust and engine mods. Hope this helps a bit
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Jounior Member

I've got my cat as good as it gets without high compression piston and will be doing that this spring. Carb., exhaust, cdi, intake, clutch. This thing is what I have always wanted it to be, finally.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boombastic View Post
Just lookin for some performance info on these machines. Is this the best site for that type of info or are there others that I could join to get info on. Thanks
Oh, I don't know, there might be one or two high performance prowler junkies hanging around... what Prowler do you have? What kind of performance usage are you doing (desert racing, rock crawling, mudding, hp trail riding??)

If it's the XTZ1000, I might be your huckleberry as Doc Holiday would say..

We've got a Baja champ or two hanging around here on and off, they might be persuaded to speak up also...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Loyal Member

Darryl

That thing looks bad ass!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Nice lookin machine Darrly. In my neck of the woods we run just as much gravel roads as we do trails. So i am looking to some high speed and acceleration mods for my bike. I am running stock 27 in tires. I have the 2012 1000xtz prowler
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:45 PM

The first thing i would do is have AIRDAM clutches modify the clutch. Look him up. Stageing, and pricing, are explained in great detail. Clutch mod is the best thing i've done, and i'm about to do a little more work to the clutch to make it even better

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Founding Member

Sandy4Bama is right, the first thing is to get better clutching. You can't run faster if you can't get the power to the ground. Adam does some good work on the clutches on these machines. He has multiple levels of performance mods. 1-4 wouldn't be out of line for your XTZ.
Airdam Clutches - For People Who Want to Go Fast!

Second, I would consider getting rid of the OEM spike load dampner, I've seen these on several machines cause slippage in the drivetrain. Once the clutchpack in the SLD is fried, it'll never work right again. D&P Performance in Utah builds and sells the kit. $179.99 plus shipping
Spike Load Dampener Delete Kit from D & P PERFORMANCE

Third, I would install a Muzzy Dual Exhaust, the OEM exhaust is so restrictive and these big engines like to breathe and exhale lots of air. Some have had good luck with the Muzzy Fuel Controller, some haven't. I run and aftermarket pump (fuel cell) with a Trick Flow Regulator and set my pressure slightly above the 43psi that AC specs.

Next, I would put Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 on, they give good traction and allow more control.

Then I would look at installing either King Shocks, Fox Shocks or Walker Evans Shocks. They help keep the tires on the ground and allow you to stay on the throttle longer and harder.

If you want to get radical, either do it yourself or have a shop lower the seats 4 inches. This drastically changes the handling characteristics.

Now for the biggie, if you don't use it for dumping and heavy hauling, get rid of the dump bed. That thing is over 250lbs of dead weight. Build a lightweight bed and install your bedsides and fenders onto it. That will save you lots of weight and make your XTZ respond so much faster.

Do some looking around the site here and see what others have done for cage mods and such, there are some great things you can do that really improve the looks of the XTZ.

Hope this gives you a start point and helps...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
Darryl

That thing looks bad ass!
Thanks, while I was at KOH, there was no shortage of photographers around it, just didn't make good enough show for them to do much with the photos...LOL
But I talked with Cassidy at Turner, they are building a new set of HD axles and CVs called EVOs. 2 year warranty, even in racing and they have considerably higher angle capabilities than the old CVs. Pricey, $650 each, but worth it. They just came out with them in the last month.
So once I get them in, the car should be making some good showings. I'm running it in the Cinco de Baja 200, which is a KOH qualifier for the 4400 cars. So lots of cars will be there, we are running the same time and course as the trophy trucks and Class 1 cars, should be interesting... hope I get to let a few 7200's and class 10 cars find out what these "golf carts" can do...

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Daryll. That is just the info that i was looking for. I just orderd the SLD removlal kit fron D and P in Utah. Clutch kit is next....

CHI-GEH-TEN RACING
2012 Prowler XTZ 1000( stock for now)
2012 Arctic cat F1100( 122mph in 1320ft)
2008 Duramax Diesel (550hp at the wheels)
2012 RZR XP 900 Voodoo blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement