prowler fire - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

prowler fire

hey guys and girls i have/had a 2011 xtz 1000 with 440-450 km's on it. it had a fire issue,so heads up and just make sure you check your machines.ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
hey guys and girls i have/had a 2011 xtz 1000 with 440-450 km's on it. it had a fire issue,so heads up and just make sure you check your machines.ride safe.
Hi did you leave the EBrake on?

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

no,in my opinion something caused an explosion

Last edited by knox; 05-08-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: legal

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
no,it wasn't a fire it exploded
Hit a landmine or something? Elaborate please!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansCat View Post
Hit a landmine or something? Elaborate please!
guess it's like TV news .... a teaser first

dude when ya make a statement like that "check your machines" .. ok for what

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Cracked fuel line, ruptured fuel cell? Inquiring minds would like to know.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Founding Member

Please explain why you're statement. I don't think XTZ members care for how you started your post and leaving us with check your machines. If this is really a problem and you know what caused it, then lets hear it.

Thank you

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Rides all the time

Impossible to explode.

Will not explain him self???????

Just here to start crap?

I think he's trying to figure out how his story should end b4 he posts again!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
no,it wasn't a fire it exploded

Sounds like bull to me until I hear more..... Sorry to be so abrupt on calling you out, but you haven't given us any real info//

That's kind of like saying, "Don't breathe, you'll die"... might have some truth, but no speciifics or details...

Elaborate or get the hell out...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

guys i don't know what happened.my wife and our 2 boys decided to go for a ride after dinner.one son is 7 with a raptor 50 and one is 9 with a grizzly 80.we went into a nice trail but the boys were getting stuck so we turned around.we live in the country and drove down the gravel road.i was doing about 40-45kmh(30 ish mph).as we came up on the trail we were going to take i turned the machine about 40 degrees to the right and stopped on the road to check /wait for my boys.my prowler stalled out.i restarted it and turned and looked over my right shoulder.my wife yelled my name and before i got turned around there was a loud boom and we were engulfed in flames.i could not see her through the flames.she screamed my name and i figured she could not get unbuckled.i reached through the flames and felt where she was and found her seat belt released it and shoved her out.i screamed for her to get to the ditch and drop.i had myself out and padded out the fire on my jacket and saw my wife was still on fire.i grabbed her and got her down in the ditch where there was water and she rolled around.i grabbed her and the boys and ran about 3 telephone pole lengths away.by thus time some guys in a truck stopped and called 911. the ambulance took her to the hospital to check her for burns and treat her for shock.she was wearing a thick wool jacket that is now burned,that being said the cops and fire chirf figure that jacket and her helmet saved her.the panel where the fuel fill neck is all bent out on the bottom.the rest of the panel is straight.i think the fuel tank exploded.if that was from the heat of the fire wouldn't the whole panel be bent and distorted.my wife and i do not smoke or drink so a butt didn't start it.a few days earlier i had used the winch to drag out a couple of small trees and the code po635 came up.i called the local cat dealer and they said it was a low voltage/power steering code.the next day i went out and it started right away and there was no code.my local dealer does not want to see my machine or have anything to do with trying to help me figure out what happened.i am not trying to satrt crap i would just hate to hear of thus happening to someone else.my wife and i are DAM lucky to have gotten out of thus alive let alone a small burn on my left forearm and some burnt hair.any ideas would be greatly appreciated.my cell number is 1-250-301-5558 i have a bit of a video of the fire but cannot convert it to the computer,so if you think i am b.sing send me a text and u can see the fire for yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement