What's the proper way to check the oil? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

What's the proper way to check the oil?

Hey all, I have a 2010 prowler 700xtx and I've heard a few diffent things and just wanted to see what you guys think. one way I've heard to check the oil is to unscrew the dip stick, wipe it then just set it in the hole without screwing it in. When I checked my service manual it says to screw it all the way in to check it. It then says in a bolded side note that it has to be screwed in? I'm confused.. need your help guys

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Here's what the manual I have for my '07 650 says about checking oil.

9. Unscrew the oil level stick and wipe it with a
clean cloth.
10. Install the oil level stick until the threads touch
engine case.
􀂄 NOTE: The oil level stick should not be threaded
into the case for checking the oil level.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Cool check oil

on my 06, manual says not to thread dip stick in,must be different on your 2010.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........

Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 PM

It's funny.. I was standing at my dealer talking to him about a couple topics on here and when my phone refreshed this popped up. Anyway, I asked him while I was there and he said in 2009 they went to a different style of dip stick and that you ARE supposed to thread it all the way in. On the old ones you would get a bad reading if you did.

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
Old 09-04-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryle_TN View Post
It's funny.. I was standing at my dealer talking to him about a couple topics on here and when my phone refreshed this popped up. Anyway, I asked him while I was there and he said in 2009 they went to a different style of dip stick and that you ARE supposed to thread it all the way in. On the old ones you would get a bad reading if you did.
right on! thanks for asking for me!! much appreciated
Mitch

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Founding Member

Old 09-06-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
Good topic guys
I'm glad I asked, i'm doing an oil change tonight and this is awesome info.. good to know that there is a difference between the way its done on a 650 and a 700... could make a world of difference.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement