So here are some further details and exceptions to list above.
1. Prowler 1000 knuckles bolt right up. No modifications needed. These might be your toughest part to find used....
2. I believe you can use any Prowler FRONT brake calipers. The parts listed above are for rear calipers off of a 1000. However, you can use front calipers from any Prowler, but then you need to use the larger front rotors as well. The only difference between the front and rear wheel calipers is the fronts use a deeper mounting bracket than the rears do to account for the larger rotor. I ended up using front brake calipers, and ended up purchasing the front brake rotors off of a 1000 as well. Part# is 1436-418 and they are cheap around $25-$30 a piece. This part# also comes with the bolts to mount the calipers to the knuckles. (They are supposed to be for mounting the rotor, but they are the wrong size for the hubs. Not sure what Arctic Cat did there, but they include the correct bolts to mount the calipers. So if you go this route it will save you a couple $$$.
3. Prowler 1000 rear wheel hubs are the same as what is used on the Thundercat 1000 ATV's. So if you find a set of those used, they are the same as what is on the rear of the Prowler 1000. Don't quote me on this, but I also believe that any Prowler wheel hub that has the rotor mounting holes (basically any Front wheel hub) will likely work. And if you are handy with a drill and tap you can drill and tap your current hubs to mount the rotors. Just make sure you have it centered.
4. The OEM brake like is like $135. I special ordered my 3 piece steel braided brake line from a company called Techna-Fit for like $65 shipped. The dimensions of the 3 pieces are as follows. The main line from the MC is 82.5" end to end. The two lines going to the wheels I went with 36" end to end on each one, but you are probably good with anything 33"-36". And it came with a mountable T-block to tie in all the lines.
5. And like I said earlier, use whatever you can off of your old setup such as the banjo bolts and crush washers. The bolts that mount the driveline rotor are the same bolts that mount the rotors at the wheels. So you can use those as well.
-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
Last edited by out west; 09-30-2012 at 06:10 PM.