Ok Guys how many of you have serviced your rear diff then a seal started leaking? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Ok Guys how many of you have serviced your rear diff then a seal started leaking?

Ok Like it says has anyone had a rear end seal started 8to leak after changing your gear oil or replacing an axle or? I will explain after I get some replies. Thx

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM

I do! Never a leak.. When my rear passenger side hub nut came off while riding it destroyed the threads on the end of the axle. So I replaced the axle and serviced the rear diff. Now everytime I go for a ride the differentional housing around that axle is wet. I took it to the dealer, they replaced the seal and re-serviced it.. First time I rode it afterward it's doing the same thing.

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Jounior Member

mine started seeping this last ride out of my driver side axle seal, and i did all new seals and bearings when i had my rear end apart 500 miles ago

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:41 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Unhappy leaks

must be darn lucky,dry as can be all four corners,never changed fluid yet only 1550 miles manaul says change every 4 years,i looked out it when i blew the bladder looked very clean.i dont think ill change it if it means they will start leaking.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM

It says to replace the seals every 4 years? I've only had mine 2 years and 1200 miles and i've replace 9 seals.. couldn't get mine to stop leakin until I drilled the rear and open to air vented my front.. been working so far.. 300 miles on now..

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Yes part of the problem is when you replace a part or change the oil you let air enter a sealed system so when you change the oil or a part you have to get the air out once sealed the air dosent let the oil expand causing the extra pressure The thing that worked for me was to clamp the vent line and then compress the bellows and then install it unclamp the line and let the bellows expand clamp the line take the bellows off and compress it again then reinstall it clamp it the un clamp the line that worked for me until I took out my turf saver and forgot to do it and you know what happened. Yes you are correct a seal leak. But now I have done the vent mod to mine but for you guys that dont want to do the vent mod try what I did It worked for me. I also talked to an AC dealer out here and they agreed with me.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement