The saga continues x2 - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

The saga continues x2

so joes5091 and i went for a ride this morning, and to my surprise nothing broke.....the first half of the trip... on our way back i stopped and didnt see joe behind us, waited a few minutes, drank a beer, and still no joe...turned around and half a mile back we find joe bent over his prowler scratching his head... well to our surprise joe had been stopped dead in his tracks by his prowler, so i thaught WHOOOO HOOOO its not me this time, it was either his motor or belt had let go, my bet being his motor since you coulod crank the motor but it would not spin, so i hooked up my prowler to his and started back to the truck, only about a 7 mile jaunt back to the truck.....well thats when all hell broke loose, i could smell my belt getting hot on the way back taking breaks and drinking beer taking it easy, till boom the belt exploded on my prowler and we were dead in the water...clutch cover bolts stripped couldnt get access, called a friend to come get us and now im sitting at home getting a licking from my wife who says the prowler breaks everytime i take it out, while this is true she'll get over it, so everyone step up and help joe out, while mines just a belt i have a feeling joes may be a little more serious...aall in all a great day, i love this stuff!!!!

09 xtx- custom fox 2.0 air shocks- bighorn tires- custom paint- 4 seat cage built by me- soft top- twisted stitch seats- half doors- intake built by me- magnaflow exhaust built by me- carillo 4 point harnesses all around- 5 h.i.d.'s- clutch kit- dynatek- no more turf saver...tig welded now- 2" wheel spacers- ss-212 rims in black-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Loyal Member

Sounds like a fun day in the desert.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 PM

Man I hate to hear that! Look forward to hearing what Joe finds out. Funny though how beer makes a situation more bearable!

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryle_TN View Post
Man I hate to hear that! Look forward to hearing what Joe finds out. Funny though how beer makes a situation more bearable!

MMMMMMMM beeeeerrrr

09 xtx- custom fox 2.0 air shocks- bighorn tires- custom paint- 4 seat cage built by me- soft top- twisted stitch seats- half doors- intake built by me- magnaflow exhaust built by me- carillo 4 point harnesses all around- 5 h.i.d.'s- clutch kit- dynatek- no more turf saver...tig welded now- 2" wheel spacers- ss-212 rims in black-
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 05:26 AM

Ya know I was just wondering.. I of course have had my share of tear ups and break downs. But it seems like you guys that ride in the desert have alot more problems than us mountain/dirt/muddy trail riders? Stupid question but is it the environment wearing on components so much harder or what? Or am I just off on that statement?

And I second the.. MMMMMMMMM beeeeerrrrr....

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Unhappy break down

i third the beerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.hope nothing real serious with joes motor,hope we here about it soon. and on your belt was you using low or high range.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Rides all the time

I hope it doesn't turn out to be too serious with Joe's Prowler. And I know all too well about getting an earfull from the wife on the Prowler. My wife bit**** at me all the time that I'm always working on my Prowler.

And I 4th that on the beer. Unfortunately here in Utah with their STUPID liquor laws, we can only buy watered down beer unless we go to a state run liquor store........

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
i third the beerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.hope nothing real serious with joes motor,hope we here about it soon. and on your belt was you using low or high range.
I was in low the whole time, Joe had extra belts with him but 5 of the hex head clutch cover bolts were stripped and we didn't have vise grips to get em loose. Joes prowler will roll, but if you try to start it its seized up, and he said he heard a knocking before it quit, i noticed his was louder than mine motor wise beginning of the day but chalked it up to him having stock exhaust and being able to hear everything, i can't hear my motor due to my intake and exhaust. And as f far as a harsher environment...not sure, dust and heat are both killers here....

Last edited by blowinsoot00; 10-28-2012 at 10:05 AM.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Loyal Member

Joe .. GET WELL QUICK, ride time down there since it finally cooled down to a couple hundred degrees

hope the carnage isn't too bad, and the parts are low $$ ones

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:24 PM

My fingers are crossed for joe, I hope he can get back up and running quickly and cheap!

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement