Water/Fuel Question - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Question Water/Fuel Question

So the very first day I owned my XTZ I filled it up and gas started running out from under it. As I looked closer there's a filler tube extension that leaked the fuel. So I over filled it a little no big deal. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I was to go through water that would reach that seem wouldn't my gas tank fill up with water? Are all Prowlers like this and is it a problem if I went through water that just barely goes over my gas cap? Any ideas or is this not a concern? Thanks! KO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Jounior Member

my tank has the same crack around the fuel filler, jb weld works for about 2 years, im thinking about making a fuel cell from aluminum that will fit the same as the factory tank, as for the water ive never been thru water that deep here in az but im sure it would leak into the tank if submerged, or maybe the fuel vapor would be enough to keep the water out, not sure...

09 xtx- custom fox 2.0 air shocks- bighorn tires- custom paint- 4 seat cage built by me- soft top- twisted stitch seats- half doors- intake built by me- magnaflow exhaust built by me- carillo 4 point harnesses all around- 5 h.i.d.'s- clutch kit- dynatek- no more turf saver...tig welded now- 2" wheel spacers- ss-212 rims in black-
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Jounior Member

sorry i wasnt paying attention to youre post, my tank is cracked but i know where youre talking about in the neck, it has like a white collar in the filler of the tank, some kind of overflow i guess, theres guys that run through water up to theyre necks and dont have issues with fuel delivery so i wouldnt worry about it

09 xtx- custom fox 2.0 air shocks- bighorn tires- custom paint- 4 seat cage built by me- soft top- twisted stitch seats- half doors- intake built by me- magnaflow exhaust built by me- carillo 4 point harnesses all around- 5 h.i.d.'s- clutch kit- dynatek- no more turf saver...tig welded now- 2" wheel spacers- ss-212 rims in black-

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. It just seems like if fuel leaks out water will leak in? Do all prowlers have the seam about 3 inches down from the cap?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 AM

Mine does and I have DEFINETELY had the tank/neck underwater with no problems yet (knock on wood). But that could just be the one single, solitary, thing I've been lucky on.

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Daryle.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Bumb, Anyone else have any feedback about the seem in the gas tank neck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement