close and not so close calls - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
de3
Loyal Member

close and not so close calls

how many of you have had close calls and not so close calls of wrecking your prowler. Ive had mine,went to roll over and stuck my leg out to keep from rolling over 4' drop off .Iam now the owner of a plate in my ankle.square cage didnt bend anywhere.no seat belt, but had helment on,only 100 dollars of damage to buggy. these utvs are a lot different than our quads.............BE SAFE.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Several months ago at Wilderness in Kentucky. There's a trail that you turn right onto off of the main trail. When you do it goes almost straight down for about 10ft then hairpin's to the left. I turned right and started to go down the hill and bottomed out. Put in 4wd with diff lock and backed up about 6ft to get a faster go. When I put it in high I went about 2ft and the back right wheel came off because the castle nut worked off. If I wouldn't have bottomed out I would have made it and the wheel would have come off right about the time I made the turn to the left and my A** would have went rolling down the hill! So bottoming out could have saved my life! This is so steep I had 2 buddies that got off there rides and were ready to stand on the driver side of my Prowler when I made the turn to keep me from rolling!

08 650xt
Big Bore Kit
Speedwerx Exhaust
1.5: Snorkels
Dyna FS Ignition
AMR Monster Coil
Highlifter 2in Lift
Highlifter 1in Wheelspacers
Custom Roll Cage
Trail Armor Doors
Intellitronix Oil, Temp, and Volt Gauges
RickTheRocket UHMW Bushings all around
Superwinch Terra 3500
Papa Slap Stage 3 Clutching with Fix Plate Mod
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 AM

When my xtx was brand new I was out for my first ride, I turned in to a large open gravel covered lot and when cut my wheel the prowler slid a little then fetched up on something and we rolled over. I did the same as you de3 and stuck my leg out (old atv'ing habit). A short stay in the hospital and 38 stitches later they sewed me back together. Tore off my knee cap, I lost all the skin off the outside of my foot and lost a LOT of blood. All said and done, I was out of commission for a few months and my prowler had around 8 grand worth of damage. Mostly cosmetic but the biggest expense was the Bent roll cage and damaged rear hub and plastics. This is where my handle "AlmostxProwler" comes from... I almost wrote it off before I even got to drive it.. ooops

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
de3
Loyal Member

damage

I take it you had insurance,8000 dollars thats almost as much as mine cost new in 06......... lets here some more storys,i know everybody has had close calls.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement