Winter wear - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Winter wear

Not sure where to best post this but here it goes:
A buddy of mine was para sailing the other day and he was trying out some new clothing to keep warm. Most of the time he is flying about 25-35 mph. He had some ECWCS (extreme cold weather clothing system). I was on the ground when he landed and told me what he had and that he never felt the first bit cold that day. Air temperature was about 35-40.
I have been looking for something that wasn't going to break my pocketbook but keep me warm in the winter while riding. I went and purchased some the very next day. I love it so far!
It is very light weight, flexible, wind proof, breathable, and water resistant, and Gov't spec level 7. You can find it on the internet at various prices. So far I love it. I'm enclosing a link on Ebay Military ACU Army Gen III L7 Level 7 Primaloft Parka Jacket ECW ECWCS LR | eBay to locate what I'm talking about. The price on this stuff varies, but you can buy new cheap (compared to snow type suits) if you look. Google the term "Primaloft", ECWCS Level 7 clothing. Anybody have experience with this stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 01:08 PM
de3
Loyal Member

TBird looks really nice, dont look real big and bulky.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
...it's not and it don't weigh anything, just wash and dry it, no softeners.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
28 today with wind blowin 18 chill factor and all I had on with this was jeans, short sleeve t and long sleeve t shirt. Didn't get cold. Got two flats though, thorns.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:22 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
28 today with wind blowin 18 chill factor and all I had on with this was jeans, short sleeve t and long sleeve t shirt. Didn't get cold. Got two flats though, thorns.
jacket must work well,how did you get back with two flats

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
jacket must work well,how did you get back with two flats
Just down the road comin home and noticed L rear running low, after fixing it at home I checked the other three and the R rear had a thorn in it as well but not all the way down yet. Got lucky, now gonna fix up something to fix them in the field if I need to.
I believe that I got into the thorns just before getting back to the road on the way home.
How much snow you get?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Just down the road comin home and noticed L rear running low, after fixing it at home I checked the other three and the R rear had a thorn in it as well but not all the way down yet. Got lucky, now gonna fix up something to fix them in the field if I need to.
I believe that I got into the thorns just before getting back to the road on the way home.
How much snow you get?
With my ATV's I carry a plug kit along with a CO2 inflator adapter. My adapter can use those little BB gun CO2 cartridges which are pretty cheap. My adapter will accept either the threaded or non-threaded CO2 cartridges, and I highly recommend this. Some adapters will only accept the threaded kind and those cartridges are a lot more expensive. This kit has saved me and a couple buddys more than once out on the trail. With the Prowlers you have the luxury of more room where you can carry a 12V air inflator instead. I actually still carry both in my Prowler.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
With my ATV's I carry a plug kit along with a CO2 inflator adapter. My adapter can use those little BB gun CO2 cartridges which are pretty cheap. My adapter will accept either the threaded or non-threaded CO2 cartridges, and I highly recommend this. Some adapters will only accept the threaded kind and those cartridges are a lot more expensive. This kit has saved me and a couple buddys more than once out on the trail. With the Prowlers you have the luxury of more room where you can carry a 12V air inflator instead. I actually still carry both in my Prowler.
Great info, where did you get your Co2 adapter to use BB gun cylinders?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Great info, where did you get your Co2 adapter to use BB gun cylinders?
I bought mine years ago. So don't remember. But I need to buy another one for my Prowler as I've just been borrowing my ATV one. I know I've seen both styles at Walmart, but the one came in a whole kit which I didn't need. But for you the whole kit may be the best option. I'll let you know what I find out.

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Rides all the time

This is similar to the one I have. It will accept both the threaded and non threaded CO2 cartridges. But check your local Walmart. I'm pretty sure I saw one in a complete tire repair kit, but don't remember the price.

Innovations Ultraflate Plus CO2 Bike Tire Inflator Pump Only New Presta Schrader | eBay

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Genuine-In...lator/21674382

Last edited by out west; 12-23-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement