feb 2 ride - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

feb 2 ride

Nice day for a ride. Tons of sleds out there. Must of seen 300 sleds today. They where everywhere. One warm up shack at betula lake must of had 50 to 60 machines parked in front of it. The shack on the can am trail had a huge group in front of it too. I have never seen so many sleds in one day of riding. We were able to pass the large groups on the lakes. The trails to Marchand were awesome. we passed the groomer on the way there. Trails from Marchand to Falcon where table top smooth. It's been a long time sine I have seen the tin pan that good. I rode my buddies Nitro for a few miles and gave it back to him. Not a sled for me. Ya it's got a ton of power but the ride was like my 06 f6. Felt like I was riding a Harley. Too low and knees to high. He can keep it. We had lunch at west hawk lake. From there we rode to Rennie. after toping up there we took the whiteshell loop almost to seven sisters. We stopped for a minute and the traffic just kept coming and coming. So we took a detour through whitemouth. That was the best way to go there was no traffic that way. From there we fueled and continued on through the snow raiders trail to the number one hwy and then back home. all in all we did 300 miles today. according to the gps 6 hr 31 minutes moving 1 hr 9 minutes stopped. top speed of 82.8 avg moving speed 44 mph . If we were in a large group we could not of put the miles on we did today. The adrenaline was pumping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-02 19_46_48-Untitled - MapSource.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	3500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130202-00117.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	3501   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130202-00118.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	3502   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130202-00120.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	3503   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130202-00122.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	3504  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130202-00123.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	3505  

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
Nice day for a ride. Tons of sleds out there. Must of seen 300 sleds today. They where everywhere. One warm up shack at betula lake must of had 50 to 60 machines parked in front of it. The shack on the can am trail had a huge group in front of it too. I have never seen so many sleds in one day of riding. We were able to pass the large groups on the lakes. The trails to Marchand were awesome. we passed the groomer on the way there. Trails from Marchand to Falcon where table top smooth. It's been a long time sine I have seen the tin pan that good. I rode my buddies Nitro for a few miles and gave it back to him. Not a sled for me. Ya it's got a ton of power but the ride was like my 06 f6. Felt like I was riding a Harley. Too low and knees to high. He can keep it. We had lunch at west hawk lake. From there we rode to Rennie. after toping up there we took the whiteshell loop almost to seven sisters. We stopped for a minute and the traffic just kept coming and coming. So we took a detour through whitemouth. That was the best way to go there was no traffic that way. From there we fueled and continued on through the snow raiders trail to the number one hwy and then back home. all in all we did 300 miles today. according to the gps 6 hr 31 minutes moving 1 hr 9 minutes stopped. top speed of 82.8 avg moving speed 44 mph . If we were in a large group we could not of put the miles on we did today. The adrenaline was pumping
....that's bad. First thing I noticed was the plate of food! hehehe, important shit first!
BTW, orange and black lookin' good!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
....that's bad. First thing I noticed was the plate of food! hehehe, important shit first!
BTW, orange and black lookin' good!
same here that plate of food looks good,your new riding gear looks good also

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Loyal Member

one of these days when I get the second knee replaced and all healed, I'd like to find a sled to rent and take out for a good ride in Idaho .... I'm 6'7" with 2 bad knees, 66 years old in a few days ... with that said is there a sled built tall enough that I don't have to tuck my knees up so tight they cramp up and become miserable ... ala a touring machine that's a all day ride in comfort ?? and yes I have zero experience with sleds other than drooling on a few over the years.

this pic's make a guy want to give it a try !

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 06:21 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
one of these days when I get the second knee replaced and all healed, I'd like to find a sled to rent and take out for a good ride in Idaho .... I'm 6'7" with 2 bad knees, 66 years old in a few days ... with that said is there a sled built tall enough that I don't have to tuck my knees up so tight they cramp up and become miserable ... ala a touring machine that's a all day ride in comfort ?? and yes I have zero experience with sleds other than drooling on a few over the years.

this pic's make a guy want to give it a try !
I agree Gary looks like a lot of fun,not enough snow around here to have one.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Well Gary there are places around that rent them all over the USA not sure in your area. best thing to do is go sit on them. My cat sits tall I'm like you I have bad knees too. When I tried my buddy's Yamaha I had to give it back after a few miles. I felt like I was driving some sort off chopper. Butt down low and Knee up high. My knees started to hurt not even a 1/4 mile. It had tons of power but that's not for me. That's a young man's sled and I'm not young. I just hope Cat has the high seat in a few years when I start looking for a new one. If not I will just keep this one. I have just over 6000 miles on it and still rides like a little slot car.

Rob
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
Well Gary there are places around that rent them all over the USA not sure in your area. best thing to do is go sit on them. My cat sits tall I'm like you I have bad knees too. When I tried my buddy's Yamaha I had to give it back after a few miles. I felt like I was driving some sort off chopper. Butt down low and Knee up high. My knees started to hurt not even a 1/4 mile. It had tons of power but that's not for me. That's a young man's sled and I'm not young. I just hope Cat has the high seat in a few years when I start looking for a new one. If not I will just keep this one. I have just over 6000 miles on it and still rides like a little slot car.
Rob,is there a trick to riding a sled or do you just get on and go.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
...yeah, you gotta hold your feet up when crossin' water.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
No tricks just go. but remember to lean in the corners or you will end up in the bush like I almost did yesterday. coming into a corner at 40mph a little sharper than I thought. was just enjoying the ride.

Rob
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 AM

Nice pics! I always look forward to your pics especially right now where I'm patiently awaiting for the snow to return. We had a warm snap that took all our snow last week usually by this time in the season i've got 1500 miles on.. not this year.. oh well, its good to get out when ya can.
cheers,
Mitch

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement