Best gun rack - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Best gun rack

Been looking for a dual gun rack for prowler. So far the soft type seem to be ideal if the interior is padded enough? Hard case type also nice but wonder which rattles the most on rough terrain? Worried about scoped guns getting banged around.
Any one recommend the best dual gun enclosed system??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Loyal Member

the ones I have seen or used were all less than great as to usability while hunting ...
some of us old busted up guys are relegated to road type hunts drive .. park .. scope .. set up a blind .. repeat several time as needed.
but the racks are cumbersome at best .. placed behind you the don't release well, overhead they knock your head and still are cumbersome , outside in hard cases well didn't like that either.
so now use a floor mounted double rack that comes out off season and holds in place to the floor with large wing nuts [kolpin IIRC]

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Rides all the time

I personally used two of these last year on my elk hunt. Plano Molding Protector Single Rifle/Shotgun Case, Large Rifle Case, Thick Rifle Case, Single Rifle Case They worked fine, but I also have what I guess is an AC little mini rack that runs across the width of the bed. I just bunjied the cases to the rack, and it didn't rattle or hurt anything at all. But without that rack, I'm sure it wouldn't work as well.

This is the kind of bed rack I have: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Cat-P...1868fd&vxp=mtr

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)

Last edited by out west; 04-26-2013 at 08:33 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Loyal Member

attached as shown in e-bay pic's ??

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
attached as shown in e-bay pic's ??
Mine is attached to the bed like the eBay link. I just had the two single hard cases sitting on top of the rack and bunjed tight to it. Worked very well on my elk hunt. I liked it because the hard cases keep it water proof. I was looking at the dual soft cases, but hard case route was more affordable. But I also already had the bed rack. So that helped.

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

So can you mount the speed rack to the rear roll bar? I have lots of speed rack goodies from my 06 cat atv including hard gun case. I would think it would rattle around quite a bit?? (Thus bungee's) Need the dump box clear for storage.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyntigre View Post
So can you mount the speed rack to the rear roll bar? I have lots of speed rack goodies from my 06 cat atv including hard gun case. I would think it would rattle around quite a bit?? (Thus bungee's) Need the dump box clear for storage.
Technically you could bolt the speed rack directly to the back of the cage instead of the bed. If you did it this way, I'm sure you could find some sort of strap that would hold a gun case tight to the rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement