Well it happened again - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Well it happened again

I have a 2012 XTX 700 that after 19 miles it popped the left side rear axle seal, I had previously searched the forums and that's what prompted the inspection( thanks for the info all)
Well after at the dealer and replaced under warranty the final result was a possible seal defect, looked like maybe installed incorrectly from factory.
Well now after a very few miles I'm up to 26 on the odo and its leaking again. And not just weeping its literly dripping after a short 1/2 mile or so run.
Talking to the dealer it's obvious they have no clue, they say they are waiting for a return call fron Cat and well see what they day. Said maybe they will just replace the complete axle assembly
Any input on this other than the mods ive seen to the case with the filter and breather setup ? i only want to do this if the dealer will do this and cover under warranty.
Pretty dang disappointed cause its such a nice machine.

2012 XTX 700 brand spankin new and adding miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Loyal Member

What I used to do was after servining the diff I used ti Compress the bellows to suck the air out of the diff then I had no more leaks untill I put a locker in it and forgot to remove the air then I blew a seal again!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 03:20 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy locks View Post
I have a 2012 XTX 700 that after 19 miles it popped the left side rear axle seal, I had previously searched the forums and that's what prompted the inspection( thanks for the info all)
Well after at the dealer and replaced under warranty the final result was a possible seal defect, looked like maybe installed incorrectly from factory.
Well now after a very few miles I'm up to 26 on the odo and its leaking again. And not just weeping its literly dripping after a short 1/2 mile or so run.
Talking to the dealer it's obvious they have no clue, they say they are waiting for a return call fron Cat and well see what they day. Said maybe they will just replace the complete axle assembly
Any input on this other than the mods ive seen to the case with the filter and breather setup ? i only want to do this if the dealer will do this and cover under warranty.
Pretty dang disappointed cause its such a nice machine.
I agree I would tell them to put a axle in it,how far are they fill the diff.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Regarding the bellows, I wonder if they expand completely would there be any merit to adding a Y and 2nd bellows assembly ?
And then the fluid level, I asked when I picked it up las time and the service guy said he didn't know the exact level but " the mechanic would have put it where the manual said it should be" I checked when I got home and it was about a half inch below the fill hole.

2012 XTX 700 brand spankin new and adding miles
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Loyal Member

I had 2 bellows installed,The level should bee 1 inch elow the fill hole.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes5091 View Post
I had 2 bellows installed,The level should bee 1 inch elow the fill hole.
I would try what Joe said by getting the air out of the system.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 AM

rear seal problem

I had the same problem with my rear diff, first thing is to check your bearings, if one is bad, it will destroy the seal in a matter of minutes. Secondly make sure that you do not over fill the diff with oil. I would drain all of the oil out and only put in the correct amount, I think it is only around 250ml of oil, which is not much oil at all.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada*rules View Post
I had the same problem with my rear diff, first thing is to check your bearings, if one is bad, it will destroy the seal in a matter of minutes. Secondly make sure that you do not over fill the diff with oil. I would drain all of the oil out and only put in the correct amount, I think it is only around 250ml of oil, which is not much oil at all.
Welcome to the forum!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada*rules View Post
Welcome back,I guess a bearing failure would cause that,if your oil level was correct and you kept having seals leak.good point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement