Well it happened again - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Larsen, Wisconsin
Posts: 10
 
Well it happened again

I have a 2012 XTX 700 that after 19 miles it popped the left side rear axle seal, I had previously searched the forums and that's what prompted the inspection( thanks for the info all)
Well after at the dealer and replaced under warranty the final result was a possible seal defect, looked like maybe installed incorrectly from factory.
Well now after a very few miles I'm up to 26 on the odo and its leaking again. And not just weeping its literly dripping after a short 1/2 mile or so run.
Talking to the dealer it's obvious they have no clue, they say they are waiting for a return call fron Cat and well see what they day. Said maybe they will just replace the complete axle assembly
Any input on this other than the mods ive seen to the case with the filter and breather setup ? i only want to do this if the dealer will do this and cover under warranty.
Pretty dang disappointed cause its such a nice machine.

2012 XTX 700 brand spankin new and adding miles
Baldy locks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Loyal Member
 
Joes5091's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waddell/Surprise. AZ
Posts: 2,681
 
What I used to do was after servining the diff I used ti Compress the bellows to suck the air out of the diff then I had no more leaks untill I put a locker in it and forgot to remove the air then I blew a seal again!
Joes5091 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 03:20 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy locks View Post
I have a 2012 XTX 700 that after 19 miles it popped the left side rear axle seal, I had previously searched the forums and that's what prompted the inspection( thanks for the info all)
Well after at the dealer and replaced under warranty the final result was a possible seal defect, looked like maybe installed incorrectly from factory.
Well now after a very few miles I'm up to 26 on the odo and its leaking again. And not just weeping its literly dripping after a short 1/2 mile or so run.
Talking to the dealer it's obvious they have no clue, they say they are waiting for a return call fron Cat and well see what they day. Said maybe they will just replace the complete axle assembly
Any input on this other than the mods ive seen to the case with the filter and breather setup ? i only want to do this if the dealer will do this and cover under warranty.
Pretty dang disappointed cause its such a nice machine.
I agree I would tell them to put a axle in it,how far are they fill the diff.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Larsen, Wisconsin
Posts: 10
 
Regarding the bellows, I wonder if they expand completely would there be any merit to adding a Y and 2nd bellows assembly ?
And then the fluid level, I asked when I picked it up las time and the service guy said he didn't know the exact level but " the mechanic would have put it where the manual said it should be" I checked when I got home and it was about a half inch below the fill hole.

2012 XTX 700 brand spankin new and adding miles
Baldy locks is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Loyal Member
 
Joes5091's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waddell/Surprise. AZ
Posts: 2,681
 
I had 2 bellows installed,The level should bee 1 inch elow the fill hole.
Joes5091 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes5091 View Post
I had 2 bellows installed,The level should bee 1 inch elow the fill hole.
I would try what Joe said by getting the air out of the system.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Pas, Manitoba
Posts: 2
 
rear seal problem

I had the same problem with my rear diff, first thing is to check your bearings, if one is bad, it will destroy the seal in a matter of minutes. Secondly make sure that you do not over fill the diff with oil. I would drain all of the oil out and only put in the correct amount, I think it is only around 250ml of oil, which is not much oil at all.
canada*rules is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
TBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada*rules View Post
I had the same problem with my rear diff, first thing is to check your bearings, if one is bad, it will destroy the seal in a matter of minutes. Secondly make sure that you do not over fill the diff with oil. I would drain all of the oil out and only put in the correct amount, I think it is only around 250ml of oil, which is not much oil at all.
Welcome to the forum!
TBird is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada*rules View Post
I had the same problem with my rear diff, first thing is to check your bearings, if one is bad, it will destroy the seal in a matter of minutes. Secondly make sure that you do not over fill the diff with oil. I would drain all of the oil out and only put in the correct amount, I think it is only around 250ml of oil, which is not much oil at all.
Welcome back,I guess a bearing failure would cause that,if your oil level was correct and you kept having seals leak.good point.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73