Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Tires

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
I recently came across a prowler that was listed for sale: The ad stated that it had new tires front and rear, but here is where I got confused! The front tires were 26", and the back were 27", seems to me that this would cause a lot of strain on the drivetrain when operating in 4 wheel drive. Any thoughts on this! This to my thinking would be like running 2 different gearsets, or would the difference be very small? Any and all thoughts are encouraged! Thanks.....................RD

#3 ·
I would NOT suggest it either , gear windup would happen .. one turning at a different rate than the other = bind

ask the person why they are doing it , maybe the front is disconnected or something ?????

#4 ·
Understand that one First Hand: 4X4 F250, 2 different gear sets, great until put in 4 wheel drive, result front case split in half, must say it was a experience to remember!

#6 ·
No, it was a truck we picked up at a lot, the front driveshaft was in the bed, we had the truck out for a test drive, and figured what the heck, lets put the shaft back in and try it. The sales guy was a little upset, but we figured that it was his problem, and we passed on buying the truck. Never went back to that lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.