Startup Help - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Startup Help

Can anyone tell me what the "E" means that appears where the gear indicator normally has "R" , "N" , or "F". I was trying to start up my 06 prowler and keep gettring the "E" during cranking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Rides all the time

The E means that it doesn't know what gear you are in. You shift linkage may be out of adjustment. If you have the online manual, it will give you instructions on adjusting it.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I found a electric connection that I hadn't pushed all the way in during my engine swap.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Thanks, I found a electric connection that I hadn't pushed all the way in during my engine swap.
Let us know when you get it running,what all did you do to your motor.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

I have about 350 miles on the machine since I replaced the engine last weekend with a used 07 engine that I purchased a couple weeks ago. I actually purchased a basically complete machine wlth the exception of hood, front fenders, dash and seats. I had checked the compression and appears to be a low machine. I did swap the carb out yesterday for a Mikuni tm36-68.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 06:57 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
I have about 350 miles on the machine since I replaced the engine last weekend with a used 07 engine that I purchased a couple weeks ago. I actually purchased a basically complete machine wlth the exception of hood, front fenders, dash and seats. I had checked the compression and appears to be a low machine. I did swap the carb out yesterday for a Mikuni tm36-68.
What jets are you running in your Mikuni.and did you run a over flow back to your tank.I had to even with the stock pump,I installed a 200 main jet where the over flow hose goes into the tank,recommended by pcpoffroad.It's a for sure thing if you run a high pressure pump.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

I am not sure of the jets PCP set it up for me, they are basically at the elevation as I am. I had set up all 3 of the 1/8" lines to my tank vent but might have to modify as it run rough at times like it is choked. I just put the stock carb back on & it runs fine. Did you hook all 3 lines to the filler neck? When it is running smooth is runs better & smoother than the stock carb. I am not much of a carb man maybe it needs adjusted.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 06:13 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
I am not sure of the jets PCP set it up for me, they are basically at the elevation as I am. I had set up all 3 of the 1/8" lines to my tank vent but might have to modify as it run rough at times like it is choked. I just put the stock carb back on & it runs fine. Did you hook all 3 lines to the filler neck? When it is running smooth is runs better & smoother than the stock carb. I am not much of a carb man maybe it needs adjusted.
They should be close on your jets since there from your area,I just run my float bowl hose to the filler neck,I did that for safety reasons,do you have a manual choke with a cable.I did tee off my main fuel line and run a hose to my filler neck and drilled my filler neck and put a brass valve stem in the filler neck and screwed a 200 main jet in it and slid the hose over the valve stem and clamped it.there is a chance if you dont do this gas will trickle out your over flow hose on float bowl when Idling.mine did even with stock pump.did you get instructions with your carb for installing it on a prowler I did.they set my jets up also,there is one problem the air outwest is different than in WVA and they always go big because there always wide open at the dunes.they had a 155 main jet in it, hell it would hardly run the pilot was right on, it is a 22.5.I had to drop back to a 135 main,now it's perfect and I run the clip on the needle in the middle position,have you adjusted your air fuel mixture screw,you also have adjustment on your pumper,tell me your mods and find out what they installed for jets,if you got it from them new it should say on your invoice.we will get it tuned in,you will love it.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Rides all the time

Mike, is that the same carb you have? What are some advantages to this carb over the oem that would make me want to spend the money and go with it?

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
Mike, is that the same carb you have? What are some advantages to this carb over the oem that would make me want to spend the money and go with it?
Shane there is no comparison a lot quicker throttle response,it has a adjustable needle so you can fine tune,it has a square bore instead of the round slide,thats what makes the quicker response,plus the manual choke,it starts the same a week later as it does the next day.plus with the pumper you can adjust when you want the pumper to come in and shoot gas into the cylinder.Yes it's the same carb I have if he has the pumper,they made it with and with out the pump.With the stock bore you want the 36mm and If you have a big bore kit you can go with the 40mm carb.what I like about it you can de tune it or make it wild.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement