2013 Xtz Oil Change. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

2013 Xtz Oil Change.

Can someone tell me if Oil Change Kit 1436-440 works on my 13 xtz?

I'm due for the first oil change. And I want to make sure I order the right with the right filter.

Following my findings I'd like to update the technical lubrications data info we have under freq asked questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cClark06 View Post
Can someone tell me if Oil Change Kit 1436-440 works on my 13 xtz?

I'm due for the first oil change. And I want to make sure I order the right with the right filter.

Following my findings I'd like to update the technical lubrications data info we have under freq asked questions!
Someone with a xtz should be able to help you on that one. I use amsoil with a wix filter,I will check into the lubrication data.Todd what do you run in yours.The oil should be the same as the other prowlers not sure about the filter..

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
Someone with a xtz should be able to help you on that one. I use amsoil with a wix filter,I will check into the lubrication data.Todd what do you run in yours.The oil should be the same as the other prowlers not sure about the filter..
The way the arctic cat site says its good on the wild cat. So it'd have to be the same one for me. I would think. I'll be going going to the dealer in the morning to find everything out.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
The way the arctic cat site says its good on the wild cat. So it'd have to be the same one for me. I would think. I'll be going going to the dealer in the morning to find everything out.
I might be wrong the weight ratings might be different than the 550,650,700.Whats your manual say.

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Loyal Member

sorry to say all my services have been at a non A/C dealer as my busted up old body doesn't get that short for long enough to service mine .. my bad knees [only one now that I have had one replaced a few months ago] don't allow bending and kneeling and my back isn't my best friend either .. but as I get better [read in repairs] I'll be doing more .. I have the tools and am very mechanical inclined. .. so long post made short no F'ing clue as to your question LOL

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
sorry to say all my services have been at a non A/C dealer as my busted up old body doesn't get that short for long enough to service mine .. my bad knees [only one now that I have had one replaced a few months ago] don't allow bending and kneeling and my back isn't my best friend either .. but as I get better [read in repairs] I'll be doing more .. I have the tools and am very mechanical inclined. .. so long post made short no F'ing clue as to your question LOL
Thanks for your in put, very helpful, and yes the kit did fit my buggy...
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 06:31 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Thanks for your in put, very helpful, and yes the kit did fit my buggy...
How much oil does it take, and what the weight they recommend for the 1000

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
How much oil does it take, and what the weight they recommend for the 1000
Haha.. 2 quarts oil. And as for the weight I never really looked in the book because I bought the kit. And nowhere on the kit does it mention the viscosity of the oil... I'll check the book later today and let you know if it even says in there some where other than the general maintenance page where it lists everything. I know for a fact it's not listed on that page.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Haha.. 2 quarts oil. And as for the weight I never really looked in the book because I bought the kit. And nowhere on the kit does it mention the viscosity of the oil... I'll check the book later today and let you know if it even says in there some where other than the general maintenance page where it lists everything. I know for a fact it's not listed on that page.
I thought it would hold more than that,my 650 holds 2.6 quarts it has a oil cooler,I am sure the xtz does also.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I thought it would hold more than that,my 650 holds 2.6 quarts it has a oil cooler,I am sure the xtz does also.
Yeah I was very surprised myself p, my motor cycle takes almost 4.

2013 Arctic Cat Xtz 1000 - Glass Windshield, Wiper Kit, Roof, Radio, Winch, V Bag, And Yutrax No Drill Rumble Seat
2007 Suzuki Sv1000s - Stock Vigor Blue Metallic
1999 Honda 300 4x4 - Wiseco Bbk, H/L Clutch Kit, Gearless Locker, Disc Brake Conversion, Lift Kit, and 18" Snorkel, Sitting on 28" Itp 589s With C Series Wheels

Name - Chaz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement