Prowler Seats - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Prowler Seats

I was wondering if anybody has just purchased universal seats such as the ones linked below or something similar and made them work in your Prowler? A lot more affordable than buying Prowler seats, but you would just need to make a custom bracket to make them work I'm sure.

2X JDM Black Cloth PVC Leather Full Reclinable Racing Bucket Seats | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-Universa...dd57c1&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smittybilt-4...fd58b8&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Universal...21143044994%26

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)

Last edited by out west; 07-15-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Lifetime Member

I haven't used those but I have used marine seats,and then I used rzr seats,, the rzr seats fit awesome and there all over ebay

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
post #3 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddogefi View Post
I haven't used those but I have used marine seats,and then I used rzr seats,, the rzr seats fit awesome and there all over ebay
I have two RZR seats sitting in my garage right now. I just haven't had time to get any custom brackets made to make them fit.

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)

post #4 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Lifetime Member

you don't need custom brakets just drill out the seat bases you already have when I chopped my cage in my old 650 ,I had to cut out the cross brace with the headrest,,,, they were comfortable too ,,that's on my list of things to do with this one too

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
post #5 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:19 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
you don't need custom brakets just drill out the seat bases you already have when I chopped my cage in my old 650 ,I had to cut out the cross brace with the headrest,,,, they were comfortable too ,,that's on my list of things to do with this one too
Don't sound like it would be that hard to do.Got me thinking now.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #6 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:20 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Brian wonder if the new rzr seats would work.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #7 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
I'll have to look into that. If you drilled, did you just mount the seat in a fixed position then since you wouldn't have slots to slide the seat base forward or back?

Do you think the cross brace would need to be cut out on a stock height cage as well? I know the head rests can be unbolted, and was just hoping to do that. I'm trying to install without hacking things off in case I ever needed/wanted to put it back to stock.

post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 02:51 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
I'll have to look into that. If you drilled, did you just mount the seat in a fixed position then since you wouldn't have slots to slide the seat base forward or back?

Do you think the cross brace would need to be cut out on a stock height cage as well? I know the head rests can be unbolted, and was just hoping to do that. I'm trying to install without hacking things off in case I ever needed/wanted to put it back to stock.
a friend of mine did the same thing with his ,he ended up sliding the back part of the rzr seat up behind the factory headrest,,,,i realy didn't care for that look so I removed that whole bar ,,they fit perfect..jus slide you seat base in , lock it down..place the rzr seat on top of the base,mark the location drill ,and your done....

post #9 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
Brian wonder if the new rzr seats would work.
as far as I know ,they are all the same

post #10 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Loyal Member

I had to remove the head rest on mine also when I installed the seats I have ... then I went back to stock seat on my side [my big azz wouldn't fit well in the aftermarket suspension seat .. major scar from hip repair and 2 years later replacement hip .. scar rubbed the seat frame ]
had to go suspension seat for my lady's very bad back with harness belts or she couldn't go on rides.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement