09 550 wont fire??? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

09 550 wont fire???

Ok guys, Ive got an 09 550 prowler. About a month ago I went for a good 30 mile ride, she ran fine everything worked. Parked it in the garage after the ride. About a week later I went to start it battery was dead. I new it was goin bad but just kept charging it with a trickle charger. Charged it up fully but never did start it.
Another week went by. Was going to use it and the batter was dead again. So I hooked the charger to it to get it started. It would start and run for about 10 seconds then die did that a few times then the battery just to weak to go anymore. So I ordered up the pc680 odyssey battery and installed that tonight now. Now she cranks and cranks but does nothing. It has spark. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn on the key. So I am guessing its getting fuel. Plug was wet when I took it out. So what else should I check for???

Thanks for any info or guidance you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapoofan View Post
Ok guys, Ive got an 09 550 prowler. About a month ago I went for a good 30 mile ride, she ran fine everything worked. Parked it in the garage after the ride. About a week later I went to start it battery was dead. I new it was goin bad but just kept charging it with a trickle charger. Charged it up fully but never did start it.
Another week went by. Was going to use it and the batter was dead again. So I hooked the charger to it to get it started. It would start and run for about 10 seconds then die did that a few times then the battery just to weak to go anymore. So I ordered up the pc680 odyssey battery and installed that tonight now. Now she cranks and cranks but does nothing. It has spark. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn on the key. So I am guessing its getting fuel. Plug was wet when I took it out. So what else should I check for???

Thanks for any info or guidance you can provide.
Your's is F/I not sure on that one,try a new plug.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
You say you have spark so I'm guessing you pulled the plug and saw it sparking, if the plug is wet and it's getting fuel is there a chance the the air filter is too dirty to get the right mixture to burn? I just have the carb model so I'm just thinking aloud.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Yep I pulled the plug and saw good spark. Airfilter is as clean as it was when it was new. Machine only has 165 miles on it.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 03:42 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Yep I pulled the plug and saw good spark. Airfilter is as clean as it was when it was new. Machine only has 165 miles on it.
How far is your A/C dealer,being an 09 probably no warranty,but only 165 miles they ought to look at it.some one will chime in and give their thoughts,when I get back from camp I will make a call to a good friend.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

My dealer is 60 miles away. So I will try anything before I haul it there.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Wow that is low miles, hope somebody with a FI model can help. Does the fuel pump kick off when it gets to the proper pressure or could it keep pumping and flood it out?

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Fuel pump kicks off after the pressure builds up.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Ok. Ive been checking all the sensors on the machine. I cant find the tilt sensor??? So im not sure if that cud be the problem or not??? One thing I did find was in the fuse box under the seat there is a lil black diode. It kinda looks like a lil fuse. When I take the test light and test it I only have power on one side. So can any of you with a efi machine see if your does the same thing??? I can take the diode out and flip it around and put it back in then there is nothing no power to the ign switch or anything.

If I remove it again and flip it to the opposite side again then I have power to the switch and it cranks but still wont fire. I drained the gas and put fresh in it. Havent changed the spark plug yet, had to order one. That will be here 2moro.
Any more ideas from anyone???
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Ok. Got her started today. Called the dealer again talked to a different tech. I explained to him what it did. He told me to change the spark plug. That sometimes under compression the NGK plug that's in it will lose spark. I have seen that in lawn and garden stuff but never in a atv utv. SO I put a new plug in it.... and off she went! So that's one to remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement