quick, oil pressure gauge help - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

quick, oil pressure gauge help

Could somebody please post the link to the utvinc oil pressure wiring kit that will work on the cats. I have been digging through old threads, all say there is one, but a search on utvinc yields nothing.

Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 06:25 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
Could somebody please post the link to the utvinc oil pressure wiring kit that will work on the cats. I have been digging through old threads, all say there is one, but a search on utvinc yields nothing.

Thanks in advance!!!
UTV Inc. | Parts, Accessories, and Custom Built UTVs Just click on prowler when there home page comes up.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 PM
de3
Loyal Member

YOU can do your own set up and save money,I was lazy and just bought the kit,I believe they have the oil gauge that is not digital they sell auto meter but you can get them cheaper at your parts store.the temp wiring kit also works for the oil gauge also.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Hey Mike,
Thanks, but only the water temp shows up, I cant find anything for the oil press. Will the rzr kit work??

Thanks
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Hey Mike,
Thanks, but only the water temp shows up, I cant find anything for the oil press. Will the rzr kit work??

Thanks
They do not show the oil pressure kit. You would have to talk to them as I did. But personally don't buy it or the water temp wiring kit. Overpriced IMO. The only thing I purchased is their water temp 1" sending unit. I purchased the wiring, fittings, etc. myself for a heck of a lot cheaper than what they wanted. Was just as simple as their setup as well... You can search for a thread that I created that has some details...... We will be more than happy to point you in the right direction as well...

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:02 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
They do not show the oil pressure kit. You would have to talk to them as I did. But personally don't buy it or the water temp wiring kit. Overpriced IMO. The only thing I purchased is their water temp 1" sending unit. I purchased the wiring, fittings, etc. myself for a heck of a lot cheaper than what they wanted. Was just as simple as their setup as well... You can search for a thread that I created that has some details...... We will be more than happy to point you in the right direction as well...
Thats what I told him,if I was doing over I would have wired it myself.I could have saved 60 dollars on the same gauges at my parts store.I was just supporting our vender.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:03 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Hey Mike,

Thanks
No the rzr wiring kit won't work...................

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Administrator

You might want to consider 4 conductor trailer wiring, I think the 25 foot kit is around 14 dollars, it would provide 2 sending unit wires, 1 ground, and one power supply. Wires from the dash to the sending units, and the ground are the only ones needed from front to back, power can be hooked up under the dash.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Rides all the time

There is a 2 pole accessory connector under your dash. I purchased a connector like the one I've linked below and used one end of it. It plugs into that connector under your dash to provide power and a ground. Off the ends of those two wires, I spliced in 3 wires off each to run to my 3 gauges..... Then I ran two wires to the sending units. I also drilled my frame and added a couple more grounds to improve the grounding on my machine. I have added the link to a thread that has some more info.

2 Pole Trailer Connector Auto RV Marine Lite Trailer Wiring | eBay

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/ar...uge-650-a.html

I purchased a bunch of spade connectors like the one linked below and used them to connect to my gauges under the dash. So I can just unplug my gauges if needed....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-RED-MALE...item58a26f03f4

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)

Last edited by out west; 07-22-2013 at 07:16 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 11:50 PM

Yes, definitely do not get the wiring kit from UTV INC. It's a waste of money and I can attest to that as I was dumb enough to actually dump the $30 on it. I never even used it. Ended up just buying the wiring and doing it myself as the kit really doesn't include enough wiring to place it where most folks on here (including myself) have.

09 Prowler 700 XTX, Dynatek FS cdi and coil kit, Maxxis Bighorns, Warn 3500 lb winch, factory windshield/wiper and roof, Trail Armor doors, cage chopped 4", BEARD rear bench seat w/ 4 point harnesses, custom built extended cage. Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 marine stereo, Scosche 6.5' 3-way speakers in custom built overhead console and MB Quart NAU260 marine amplifier. Cobra CB. Sunpro volt, oil pressure and water temp gauges. Custom gauge plate built by RD. Peel 7 Seal lined doghouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement