Down to the Last "Essentials" - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Down to the Last "Essentials"

Essentials? LOL....maybe not. But they each have their place in my vision of what I want the "finished" product of my machine to be. It's truly crazy how much I've completed on my machine since purchasing it last fall and it's certainly getting very close to where I want it. It's always fun to see fellow riders checking out your machine and going, "man...I need to to that!" And I owe a lot of the ideas for customization from users from this site.

Here's what I have left in order:

1) Clutch Kit: probably just going to go with what's readily available and go with an EPI Sport Utility 3000 - 6000 elev kit. My pops recently custom ordered an EPI Mudder kit for 3000 - 6000 (had to call EPI direct to order it as it's not an avialable option online) and states he absolutely loves it and, in his humble opinion, every machine AC makes should come stock with that kind of clutching. I'm not sure that I want to go with the mudder kit due to the significant top speed reduction. We run a lot of main roads and don't want to be lumbering down them at 35-40 mph top speed. That being said, I may go with the EPI sport utility kit for large tires as it will add additional torque with a slightly less impact to top speed than the mudder kit.

2) Cab heater: Gonna order the $180 kit off of Summit. Can't remember off hand who on here did that mod, but I like how it's tucked in the storage box without losing too much storage space.

3) Dual Battery system. A must have at this point with all the electrical gadgets I've got going on.

4) Looney Tuned dual exhaust: This will be a hard sell to my wife, but if I'm a good husband for the next 6 mos, it could happen.

5) Walker Evans shocks: This is only last on my list due to the price tag associated which is enough to put me sleeping in the camper for a month. But, it's on my to-do list because I really feel that it's gonna make a significant improvement to the type of riding I do around here and I can sell my significant other on how much more comfortable it'll make the ride.

This last is something I already have the major parts for and just have to purchase the brake lines: rear disc brakes. Gonna be a winter project to do while I am bored.

What's on your "to-do" list to complete your machines? ( I know that one is never "complete", but realistically, there's only so much you can do before you run out of things to modify....or cash to do it.)

09 Prowler 700 XTX, Dynatek FS cdi and coil kit, Maxxis Bighorns, Warn 3500 lb winch, factory windshield/wiper and roof, Trail Armor doors, cage chopped 4", BEARD rear bench seat w/ 4 point harnesses, custom built extended cage. Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 marine stereo, Scosche 6.5' 3-way speakers in custom built overhead console and MB Quart NAU260 marine amplifier. Cobra CB. Sunpro volt, oil pressure and water temp gauges. Custom gauge plate built by RD. Peel 7 Seal lined doghouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 07:18 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Great topic,you will really like the world of difference better shocks makes.

my list is:
different wheels
power steering
cover made for the back of my roll cage
overhead tune system
second battery

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Rides all the time

Mavic
I would save the money on the epi kit. You get... wet clutch springs, rollers and a secondary spring.
I had the utility clutch on my first 650.
The wet clutch springs made for not so smooth take off's. as it raises clutch engagement about 400rpm.
The rollers are readily available from the dealer or I could sell you some on the cheap.
And the secondary I see no use in buying a firmer spring as you can clock your spring for free and achieve the same effect. but have a huge range to fine tune it just how you like.

Did you see the heater me and team arctic put in our machine.
About the same price as you said above but we were able to totally hide it behind the dash. Talk about factory looking, Arctic cat themselves should be jealous. Did not loose any room anywhere doing that kit and all for under $2oo bones.

The shocks should be at the top of the list.
My wife balked on the first set I bought for the 650.
Then she ate crow when she went for a ride. Nite and day difference. I did walker shocks.

Then when I bought the 1000 she did not blink when I ordered a set of shocks for it.

Good luck with the build
Do you have any pic's posted up?
Sorry if I have not seen them been away for awhile.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Rides all the time

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Rides all the time

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/me...a-edition.html

This has some good stuff in here if you have not seen it before.

This is not my thread it is Team Arctic's.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 AM
Loyal Member

remember following , yes for sure good stuff !

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/me...a-edition.html

This has some good stuff in here if you have not seen it before.

This is not my thread it is Team Arctic's.
John ,on the skid plate did they leave it full or did they cut it in sections.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:47 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
That's the heater I wanted to install after seeing the thread but couldn't find it online. What I like about the setup is it recirculates air from the inside of the cab and frees up all the storage under the hood.
I think I'm the one who has the setup from Summit Racing Mavic19 was talking about. I also have a duct ran under the dash for a leg warmer.
Down to the Last "Essentials"-2013-01-07-10.09.47.jpgDown to the Last "Essentials"-2013-01-07-10.10.17.jpg

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:31 AM
Lifetime Member

Garage
And if I had to do it again I think I would go with the next size smaller, it would be easier to install.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Rides all the time

Well I know I have everyone beat on number of times tearing my Prowler apart, and least amount of driving time.. Only 126 miles under my ownership. My list seems to never end. But things that are still on my list to do:

1. Finish my 2010 duct work and dust shield install.
2. Install windshield
3. Repair my rear cage
4. Install bench seat or dual rear seats in the back
5. Install dynamat or peel and seal on the engine cover
6. Install power steering
7. Install a winch
8. Install cab heater
9. Probably install shocks way down the road
10.... I'm sure I'm forgetting 20 other things...

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement