Essentials? LOL....maybe not. But they each have their place in my vision of what I want the "finished" product of my machine to be. It's truly crazy how much I've completed on my machine since purchasing it last fall and it's certainly getting very close to where I want it. It's always fun to see fellow riders checking out your machine and going, "man...I need to to that!" And I owe a lot of the ideas for customization from users from this site.
Here's what I have left in order:
1) Clutch Kit: probably just going to go with what's readily available and go with an EPI Sport Utility 3000 - 6000 elev kit. My pops recently custom ordered an EPI Mudder kit for 3000 - 6000 (had to call EPI direct to order it as it's not an avialable option online) and states he absolutely loves it and, in his humble opinion, every machine AC makes should come stock with that kind of clutching. I'm not sure that I want to go with the mudder kit due to the significant top speed reduction. We run a lot of main roads and don't want to be lumbering down them at 35-40 mph top speed. That being said, I may go with the EPI sport utility kit for large tires as it will add additional torque with a slightly less impact to top speed than the mudder kit.
2) Cab heater: Gonna order the $180 kit off of Summit. Can't remember off hand who on here did that mod, but I like how it's tucked in the storage box without losing too much storage space.
3) Dual Battery system. A must have at this point with all the electrical gadgets I've got going on.
4) Looney Tuned dual exhaust: This will be a hard sell to my wife, but if I'm a good husband for the next 6 mos, it could happen.
5) Walker Evans shocks: This is only last on my list due to the price tag associated which is enough to put me sleeping in the camper for a month. But, it's on my to-do list because I really feel that it's gonna make a significant improvement to the type of riding I do around here and I can sell my significant other on how much more comfortable it'll make the ride.
This last is something I already have the major parts for and just have to purchase the brake lines: rear disc brakes. Gonna be a winter project to do while I am bored.
What's on your "to-do" list to complete your machines? ( I know that one is never "complete", but realistically, there's only so much you can do before you run out of things to modify....or cash to do it.)