Thunder Products Powerjet vs. Dial-a-jet vs. Intelajet - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Thunder Products Powerjet vs. Dial-a-jet vs. Intelajet

I was just browsing and came across these three products from the same company that are supposed to help with carburetor tuning. I just wondered if any of you ever used one before or know somebody using them? What are your thoughts?

1. Powerjet: Thunder PowerJet Performance Carburetor Clutching Snowmobile Motorcycle ATV Improved Fuel Efficiency

2. Dial-a-jet: Thunder Products - Performance carburetor and clutching for snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs.

3. Intelajet: Thunder Products - Performance carburetor and clutching for snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 AM
de3
Loyal Member

I have read great reviews on the dial a jet,they were used a lot on you carb sleds because of the often elevation changes.If you ride in the same range elevation this kit's aren't needed.If I was jumping from 3000' to 8000' I would have one.I have gotten some info on the dial a jet.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
I have read great reviews on the dial a jet,they were used a lot on you carb sleds because of the often elevation changes.If you ride in the same range elevation this kit's aren't needed.If I was jumping from 3000' to 8000' I would have one.I have gotten some info on the dial a jet.
My typical riding is anywhere from 4000'-8500'. Plus I can get some pretty large temperature swings up at those elevations on those cold morning hunts. So I was wondering if something like one of these would benefit me? It would be nice to have the adjustment without having to tear apart the carb to rejet every time.

Just wondering which of the three would be the best option if I decided to get one? I like the simplicity and cost of the powerjet. I guess it uses straight fuel and has a pretty wide range of adjustment. But I don't know whether the "emulsified" fuel/air from the dial-a-jet or intelajet would give much better results?

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 05:37 AM
de3
Loyal Member

As long as you can adjust the power jet that should be fine.myself I would want to be able to adjust the air/fuel mixture also.sometimes the price don't matter.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 01:02 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
My typical riding is anywhere from 4000'-8500'. Plus I can get some pretty large temperature swings up at those elevations on those cold morning hunts. So I was wondering if something like one of these would benefit me? It would be nice to have the adjustment without having to tear apart the carb to rejet every time.

Just wondering which of the three would be the best option if I decided to get one? I like the simplicity and cost of the powerjet. I guess it uses straight fuel and has a pretty wide range of adjustment. But I don't know whether the "emulsified" fuel/air from the dial-a-jet or intelajet would give much better results?
At those elevations not snorkeled,I would think you would want smaller than a 132 main jet.I could tell a difference at 4200' How dry the air is also matters.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:

Shane ... IMHO time to upgrade to fuel injection a new modern thing Ya know

J/K you

that dial a jet looks like the ticket .. never used one though so no help / advise here

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
Shane ... IMHO time to upgrade to fuel injection a new modern thing Ya know

J/K you

that dial a jet looks like the ticket .. never used one though so no help / advise here
I would do the fuel injection if it wasn't too expensive. Not sure what all is required to do that conversion?

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 04:53 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
I would do the fuel injection if it wasn't too expensive. Not sure what all is required to do that conversion?
A ton of stuff.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM

Ahhh the weekend is over back to working in the garage. also got a couple of side jobs this week to keep me busy. Fall super season stat next weekend can't wait. The food is always amazing and I don't have to cook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3646.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	12290   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3647.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	12298  

Rob
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
Ahhh the weekend is over back to working in the garage. also got a couple of side jobs this week to keep me busy. Fall super season stat next weekend can't wait. The food is always amazing and I don't have to cook.
I like your new doors better than the factory ones,do you leave your wildcat at camp.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement