08 650 xt carb problems? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

08 650 xt carb problems?

Hello all, I started having problems over the weekend and now way worse. Problem started when bike was cold, it would start and I would have to feather the throttle for around 45 seconds to keep it running and then the bike ran great. I assumed the choke was sticking. Now today I started it, feathered it till warm then took off. After a short 2-3 minute ride I shut it off. It sat 20 min. Then started it again. Had to pump like crazy to get it going and it did not want to idle. Started across the field and it continually cut off and tried to die. Got it to the house, pulled air box, sprayed Carb with cleaner. Pulled top off Carb and sprayed with cleaner then reassembled. Now I have to pump it to start. No idle, and will barely run unless I keep it above 4000 rpm. Can it be the choke? Is there a temporary fix so I can finish my hunting trip without it going to the shop? I can have parts shipped to me if needed. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsandsrt View Post
Hello all, I started having problems over the weekend and now way worse. Problem started when bike was cold, it would start and I would have to feather the throttle for around 45 seconds to keep it running and then the bike ran great. I assumed the choke was sticking. Now today I started it, feathered it till warm then took off. After a short 2-3 minute ride I shut it off. It sat 20 min. Then started it again. Had to pump like crazy to get it going and it did not want to idle. Started across the field and it continually cut off and tried to die. Got it to the house, pulled air box, sprayed Carb with cleaner. Pulled top off Carb and sprayed with cleaner then reassembled. Now I have to pump it to start. No idle, and will barely run unless I keep it above 4000 rpm. Can it be the choke? Is there a temporary fix so I can finish my hunting trip without it going to the shop? I can have parts shipped to me if needed. Thanks in advance
Could also be fuel pump losing its vacume,when the choke goes bad I really don't know of a fix.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 06:09 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
I really don't know of a fix.

oooo let me take this one , a new XTZ 1000 will fix it

.. wow that was a tuff one he says in his best welcome back Cotter voice

J/K ya

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtroyer View Post
oooo let me take this one , a new xtz 1000 will fix it

.. Wow that was a tuff one he says in his best welcome back cotter voice

j/k ya
new electric choke=140 dollars.a new xtz 14,000 dollars.......lol:d:d

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement