Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Exhaust Pipe Gasket

12K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
After zero tightening of any bolts in 4 yrs finally bit me the other day when my exhaust rattled loose. Caught one of the screws with about 2-3 threads left before it fell out. My problem now is I have tightened everything up and I still have an exhaust leak. Hoping a new gasket will do the trick. Probably will inquire to dealer if I should loc tight them when I put it back together.

If you haven't put a wrench on those two bolts might want to make sure their good a snug.

#3 ·
ive had that happen to me,,,,, a new gasket will fixer right up:D

#4 ·
I would recommend the speedwerx gasket and locktite the bolts as well. For a permanent fix so you don't have to constantly tighten those bolts I cut my pipe midway between the motor and muffler and welded in a piece of exhaust flex pipe with flanges and I went a year and a half without the bolts even budging.. the problem with the setup is the motor is on rubber mounts to allow for movement but the header and muffler are pretty well fixed.. the flex pipe allows for more movement of the pipe without beating the gasket which results in the bolts backing out. I'll try and get you guys some pics of the setup.. as long as you can run a welder and seal it up this is a very easy and quick fix for this problem and you won't have to worry about checking those header bolts on every ride...

#8 ·
where are you guys finding replacement bolts n nuts for our rigs ..
to bad we don't have a outlet where you can buy factory style/type nuts n bolts so we can have a ditty kit for the take me along spare parts guys

#9 ·
I already bought a oem gasket and have yet to install it. Im going to Loctite them when I put it together. If it happens again I will go with some of the options above. thanks for all the feedback

#10 ·
check this setup I found on my local craigslist. Says added muffler for quiet operation

#12 ·
there not supposed to restrict at all that's what I saw in all the write ups

#14 ·
your just itchin to hit the buy now button.....lol:D

#16 ·
well the $10 gasket fixed my problem. Might buy a spare next time im at the cat shop.

#19 ·
I'd replace the donut, I've never had much luck with hi-temp silicone. I do have a spare donut, but like most spare parts, if you got them, you never need em! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.