Can-Am ad on PT site - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Can-Am ad on PT site

I just happened to observe a Can-Am advertisement when I attempted to check for new posts. Attached is a picture of what I saw. Can anybody advise why Can-Am would have an ad on Prowler Talk?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0001 (2).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	13689  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 11:21 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
I just happened to observe a Can-Am advertisement when I attempted to check for new posts. Attached is a picture of what I saw. Can anyboy advise why Can-Am would have an ad on Prowler Talk?
Terry I get them on mine also,also Honda,ect,and a few A/C ones.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
Terry I get them on mine also,also Honda,ect,and a few A/C ones.
I can understand vendors advertising, but a competitor to Arctic Cat, sounds odd to me.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
I can understand vendors advertising, but a competitor to Arctic Cat, sounds odd to me.
I know what you mean I'M looking at a john deere one now..............

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
I know what you mean I'M looking at a john deere one now..............
....I use Adblock Plus on my computer and disabled it on PT page. Now I see numerous ads like you were speaking of de3. Like it much more blocking all those ads.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 09:23 PM

Adds are based on the cookies that are saved on your computer, more often then not. They they are selected per user based on the cookies saved on your computer that your viewing the page from.

Companies then pay for their advertisements. To be displayed on sites directed toward the same enviroment. In which you are on.

Also arctic cat being a smaller company prolly doesn't pay for advertisement like the big 4 and can am. So there for you don't see them pop up.

Also take social media sites when your logged on check out the advertisements. It's all based on things of your interest that you have viewed in the recent past.

It's scary knowing that your computer is telling another computer to show what adds that will gain your interest just t try and get you to spend money!!!!

2013 Arctic Cat Xtz 1000 - Glass Windshield, Wiper Kit, Roof, Radio, Winch, V Bag, And Yutrax No Drill Rumble Seat
2007 Suzuki Sv1000s - Stock Vigor Blue Metallic
1999 Honda 300 4x4 - Wiseco Bbk, H/L Clutch Kit, Gearless Locker, Disc Brake Conversion, Lift Kit, and 18" Snorkel, Sitting on 28" Itp 589s With C Series Wheels

Name - Chaz
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cClark06 View Post
Adds are based on the cookies that are saved on your computer, more often then not. They they are selected per user based on the cookies saved on your computer that your viewing the page from.

Companies then pay for their advertisements. To be displayed on sites directed toward the same enviroment. In which you are on.

Also arctic cat being a smaller company prolly doesn't pay for advertisement like the big 4 and can am. So there for you don't see them pop up.

Also take social media sites when your logged on check out the advertisements. It's all based on things of your interest that you have viewed in the recent past.

It's scary knowing that your computer is telling another computer to show what adds that will gain your interest just t try and get you to spend money!!!!
Yep you got that right Clark and everyone has a digital trail everywhere they go on the internet and that tells us they have been checking out the competition Busted!

I've been looking at tires and the ads are showing up on my Facebook page now. You can try some of the safe browsing modes offered on different browser but it's not really going to matter much unless you delete your cookies and try to clear your search history online, Google saves everything and damn near everyone uses it.

Update: those cookies are what keeps you from having to login every time you visit this site so they're not all bad.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 09:21 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
Yep you got that right Clark and everyone has a digital trail everywhere they go on the internet and that tells us they have been checking out the competition Busted!

I've been looking at tires and the ads are showing up on my Facebook page now. You can try some of the safe browsing modes offered on different browser but it's not really going to matter much unless you delete your cookies and try to clear your search history online, Google saves everything and damn near everyone uses it.

Update: those cookies are what keeps you from having to login every time you visit this site so they're not all bad.
Same here,I was looking at can-ams and the ad showed up on my FB page.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement