Want Window ideas please - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Want Window ideas please

I want to put in a window .. I searched the forum and found some good reading that said what these guys did was not working like they would like it to ..
So, now a year later I would like to know if any one has gotten the problems fixed with splitting of the plex-i-glass which is most common to use.

I also would like to know if the factory window is better or the same as far as durability.
I would like to get opinons on half window vrs full window along with the thoughts on the location of where to mount it I were to use a half window. up or down
I also would like to hear of what any one has done about the flexing of the plex-i -glass due to heat and cold ..

If there is posting of a thread on this already I would appreciate help on finding it ..thanks gopapa here

A Hemi-Spherical First
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 07:20 PM

I really like the Hunterworks windshields. I have used them with great success. They are even better than Hunterworks says they are. No breaking - no cracking. You can use gas & steel wool to clean it and no ill effect (you really could but no reason to do so). Watch the test video. Here is a link:

Yamaha Rhino Performance Accessories Polaris RZR 800 Accessories Kawasaki Teryx Arctic Cat Prowler Yamaha Rhino Accessories - Prowler Windshield

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Thanks Terry
This new Product shown sure does take a beating ,,expensive /but probably worth it . I think I will get hold of this company and see if they make 1/2 windows and ask what the cost is to compare with a full one .
Gopapa

A Hemi-Spherical First

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Thanks Terry
This new Product shown sure does take a beating ,,expensive /but probably worth it . I think I will get hold of this company and see if they make 1/2 windows and ask what the cost is to compare with a full one .
Gopapa
GOPAPA,

I've used only the full windshields in the past (I never had the old style, only the new coated, unbreakable, material). I have just gotten started on settng up my XTZ and have not gotten around to getting a windshield yet. Actually, I want to go with a 1/2 window this time as I have my auxilliary lighting mounted under my roll cage front bar and don't want a full height windshield to reflect the light back into my eyes. I have not had a chance to call Todd yet, so I will look forward to hearing what he tells you about a 1/2 window.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

Last edited by Retired1; 10-04-2009 at 01:24 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 09:07 PM

I have my windshield from my 650 xt on my now XTZ and it still looks great. It has been washed with a cloth while muddy and plenty more abuse and very little xcratching. It is a hunterworks . Super quality. I would strongly suggest this one. I bought my xt in 2006 and now shield is over 3 years old.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Founding Member

I'll third the Hunterworks. Mine is about 3 years old also and no scratches except a little one where the ladder fell on it in my toyhauler. I've towed it on my flatbed trailer at 70 mph also, still good as new. Plus the vent is nice also, close it for those cold nights, open to turn on the A/C

2006 Red Prowler
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

I emailed the company with the questions I have about the windows they make and will let you all know what I find out soon as I hear from them.

thanks all for the feed back on windows

A Hemi-Spherical First
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I emailed the company with the questions I have about the windows they make and will let you all know what I find out soon as I hear from them.

thanks all for the feed back on windows

This is my reply from Todd

We found half windshields were just as hot and just as dusty as full windshields so we didnít make any.

We could get you a piece of our material but it would not be cheap, proably around $300 since it is custom ordering thru manufacturer.

Todd

A Hemi-Spherical First
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM

So, for $75 more you get the whole windshield. Sounds like the better deal. After giving this some extra thought, I think I will get the full size Hunterworks windshield and have a local Lexan supplier make a clean cut across, about 6" down from the top, and I will add hinges so I can drop the top panel down to use my lights and raise it when I am not using my lights. .

Terry
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD CJ7 View Post
So, for $75 more you get the whole windshield. Sounds like the better deal. After giving this some extra thought, I think I will get the full size Hunterworks windshield and have a local Lexan supplier make a clean cut across, about 6" down from the top, and I will add hinges so I can drop the top panel down to use my lights and raise it when I am not using my lights. .
I can't imagine another window from anyone else being any better unless it is from the same manufacture..
I know from the vidio of the infra commerical that He DOES NOT shoot at the window that his nephew is holding up ,,but I am curious if he does shoot a bullet at it when it is leaning up against the shop buliding .
I cannot see well enough to tell if the bullet pentrates thru the window or if it is stopped by the window .OR,,if itsanother joke on me ...LOL I doubt if I really need this bullet proof any way I hope not ,,but can any one else see it better and give me an opinion of what acually happens .
As for the half window ,you are right the cost difference is not enough to not just go ahead and buy the whole window ..

Has anyone thought of using 1/2 for the front and the other 1/2 for the rear that you know of ? Might not fit the rear though ?

A Hemi-Spherical First
Sponsored Links
Advertisement