Tell me Something That IS Not In The Manual - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Tell me Something That IS Not In The Manual

I am 65 years old and have driven lots of different machines in my day and I bet a lot of you guys have also.. I admit that this is the first machine (Artic Cat Prowler) of this kind I have ever owned or driven except for a short haul I made with a Yamaha Diesel Rhino once ..

I looked everwhere for what the H1 stood for and think I have the answer that it means Hemi-Spherical engine design . It is the first engine that Artic Cat built them selves .= H 1
This thursday I plan going by the closest dealer from me which is about 50 miles away just to see what the 2010 models are all about and while I am at it ,,I will ask them and see if they know .what the H1 means . curious to know if they know ,, LOL

Another thing that I cannot find in my book ,,is what the little red button on the dash that has the letter P on it .. I can guess ,,but if it is in there ..what page is it on ?

If nothing else ,,what about something to share about the school of hard knocks learning that will enlighten me and others from your experiences since you owned your Artic Cat Prowler.

If this is not what this discussion forum is for ,,just let me know as I am new and wanting to hear from you ,,,most anything about these fun toys we have .. gopapa ,,thanks fo listening

A Hemi-Spherical First
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 PM
cnj
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I am 65 years old and have driven lots of different machines in my day and I bet a lot of you guys have also.. I admit that this is the first machine (Artic Cat Prowler) of this kind I have ever owned or driven except for a short haul I made with a Yamaha Diesel Rhino once ..

I looked everwhere for what the H1 stood for and think I have the answer that it means Hemi-Spherical engine design . It is the first engine that Artic Cat built them selves .= H 1
HMMM....Well, I had a slightly different interperetation on this....H=Hemisherical combustion, but 1= single cylinder....much as the 951 is their H2: Hemi 2 cylinder. Damfino....
This thursday I plan going by the closest dealer from me which is about 50 miles away just to see what the 2010 models are all about and while I am at it ,,I will ask them and see if they know .what the H1 means . curious to know if they know ,, LOL

Another thing that I cannot find in my book ,,is what the little red button on the dash that has the letter P on it .. I can guess ,,but if it is in there ..what page is it on ?
Not a button. That is your Parking brake warning light.

If nothing else ,,what about something to share about the school of hard knocks learning that will enlighten me and others from your experiences since you owned your Artic Cat Prowler.
Which model Prowler do you own? 550? 650? 700, 1000? Folks here will likely have different input from each model.

If this is not what this discussion forum is for ,,just let me know as I am new and wanting to hear from you ,,,most anything about these fun toys we have .. gopapa ,,thanks fo listening
See above in red....

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000
Fusion Off-Road Motorsports 2 seat cage
HCR +6 Long Travel w/King 2.0 shocks
Custom seat lowering by Prestige Motorsports
Neri Style SRD II seats
Prestige doors
Autometer water temp and volt gauges
Dirtlights hi-beam HID replacements
LED aux lights
LED tail/brake lights
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Loyal Member

Gopapa we are here to have some fun,learn what we can,give some guys a hard time,and just enjoy ourselves.So let her rip.I can't guarantee we will have all the answers you need but usually between all of us we can answer most questions.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnj View Post
See above in red....
Good answers and You are probably right about the h1 ,,as for the red light ,,I found out that it was the emergency tattle tale light ,,it just wasnt in the manual along with all the rest of the dash info..

I got the 650 = 641 cc xt model thx for the feedback cnj

A Hemi-Spherical First
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchris View Post
Gopapa we are here to have some fun,learn what we can,give some guys a hard time,and just enjoy ourselves.So let her rip.I can't guarantee we will have all the answers you need but usually between all of us we can answer most questions.

I will have more questions as I go along and also I can find some from search too. I belong to another forum also with my trucks and find this one is about the same lay out as it is .. The search is better on this one by being quicker.
Meet up with some darn good ol boys this way . thx sandchris

A Hemi-Spherical First
Sponsored Links
Advertisement