Gears? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Gears?

I am new to the utv market but have been wheeling an 83 cj7 for years. When I put bigger tires on my jeep I also changed the diff gears, I have not found any info on this in prowlers. I saw a pic on this site from plow boy with 33" thornbirds on that prowler, do you change gearing? can a 700 prowler still sling mud with 33's? Also I am use to seeing tsl boggers go through any nearly anything on jeeps of course, and was thinking about putting some modified 31" boggers on my prowler, But i havent seen any prowlers with boggers, I know they weight a little more. Like I said I am new to utv's and the tire styles, would it be better to just get a atv mud tire? What combo do i need to run 30-31" tires? thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Founding Member

i went with truck tires because i drive on the roads going between farms..i dont mud my prowler so thats why i went with thornbirds instead of boggers...i did some clutch work when i first put oversize tires on...hopefully i will be installing 4.0 gears this winter...in high i'm lacking some power but in low i can go though anything we have for terrain here on the farm

2008 Prowler XTX
full cab
4-ITP 15"SS 112 rims
33x10.5-15 thornbirds on all four corners
suspension built by diecastplaycars.com
6" Over Long Travel Suspension-jacked up 5"
sportin' 19" of ground clearance
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

I travel on all terrain types road, hard trail, soft trail, and mud. most would probably go with a mild atv tire but when I do get to that patch of swamp I want to make it through that is also why I have boggers on my daily driver. from what I have read and heard the extreme atv mudders dont ride well or last long in any thing but mud.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.b. View Post
I travel on all terrain types road, hard trail, soft trail, and mud. most would probably go with a mild atv tire but when I do get to that patch of swamp I want to make it through that is also why I have boggers on my daily driver. from what I have read and heard the extreme atv mudders dont ride well or last long in any thing but mud.
this is very true ... thats why i went with truck tires...like i said i would have went with boggers if i played in the mud...with bogger you can still ride fairly smooth , not wear too fast and still run through some pretty nasty mud...you may want to look at 31" tires if your going to be tring to turn them in the thick stuff

2008 Prowler XTX
full cab
4-ITP 15"SS 112 rims
33x10.5-15 thornbirds on all four corners
suspension built by diecastplaycars.com
6" Over Long Travel Suspension-jacked up 5"
sportin' 19" of ground clearance
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.b. View Post
I am new to the utv market but have been wheeling an 83 cj7 for years. When I put bigger tires on my jeep I also changed the diff gears, I have not found any info on this in prowlers. I saw a pic on this site from plow boy with 33" thornbirds on that prowler, do you change gearing? can a 700 prowler still sling mud with 33's? Also I am use to seeing tsl boggers go through any nearly anything on jeeps of course, and was thinking about putting some modified 31" boggers on my prowler, But i havent seen any prowlers with boggers, I know they weight a little more. Like I said I am new to utv's and the tire styles, would it be better to just get a atv mud tire? What combo do i need to run 30-31" tires? thanks for the help

Keep tire weight in mind. The stock tires are very light and the heaver the tire the more performace will be robbed. I have Maxxis Big Horns and they work great for just about everything.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

yea I don't know what I want to do yet, the boggers may wear and tear more parts on the prowler, it may be better to get a smaller lighter extreme atv tire and cheaper to replace tires than to fix tie rods driveshafts axles etc... or may be I'll just take the 35's off my jeep and put on it. just kidding. I saw a prowler on youtube with 49" iroks that is nuts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement