Still think my XTZ has head gasket issues... - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Still think my XTZ has head gasket issues...

Watch this video and tell me its not suppose to be pushing air bubbles into the coolant reservoir... It has been bled numerous times by me and the dealer and they say this air bleeding is normal.. It also looses 6oz of coolant a day riding the high desert trails, I would also say that is not normal.. The exhaust smells sweet and when cold it only fires on 1 cylinder (coolant in the other I am assuming).. Any dealers in AZ wanna tackle this and do it right?? I have the extended cat care 2 year warranty.. This XTZ hasnt been right since I got it.. The guys at my local dealer are refusing there is an issue and I am not ever gonna go there again..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Founding Member

The air bubles seem strange. Have you talked with Jim at Bi Polar? He has been dealing with some XTZ over heating issues on his race XTZ.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_xtz View Post
Watch this video and tell me its not suppose to be pushing air bubbles into the coolant reservoir... It has been bled numerous times by me and the dealer and they say this air bleeding is normal.. It also looses 6oz of coolant a day riding the high desert trails, I would also say that is not normal.. The exhaust smells sweet and when cold it only fires on 1 cylinder (coolant in the other I am assuming).. Any dealers in AZ wanna tackle this and do it right?? I have the extended cat care 2 year warranty.. This XTZ hasnt been right since I got it.. The guys at my local dealer are refusing there is an issue and I am not ever gonna go there again..

Well all I can say as a Retired Ford Tech is if it looks like a pig and smells like a pig? I would take it to a dealer that has Mechanics who know how to fix something.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Loyal Member

Try the dealer in Avondale they are good to me.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Yeah I have read everything about overheating on this forum I want to get the bigger radiator but need to get this head gasket issue sorted first before AC blames the bigger radiator as the cause of the problem and sticks me with a expensive repair bill.. I almost wish I didnt have the extended warranty so I could say F#&@ it and just build the motor with lower compression and use my buddies EFI computer he builds ( www.powerefi.com) and a intercooled turbo to make some serious power but I have the warranty so that will all have to wait haha
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Founding Member

Arctic Cat has a new gasket, p/n 0830-209 that supposedly fixes the problem. When you go to the dealer, tell them to install that part number. I already have some in stock at my dealership in case any of my customer's XTZs start having these problems. Luckily none so far have.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Loyal Member

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Thanks Darryl I will be sure to tell where ever I take it about that gasket.. Hopefully this Cat Care extended warranty is better than gm or fords extended warranties..
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Chris they have replaced 1 head gasket without checking the head surfaces for trueness(which I am sure are warped because it is still leaking). I took it back a second time because it was loosing coolant and they said there is no issue it just needed to be bled.. They were also squawking about how AC hadn't paid them for the warranty claim yet so I think thats why they were hesitant to do anything else on it. Well here I am months later still losing coolant and just about all my friends who work for car dealers or have their own auto shops say that bubbling in the reservoir is definitely an issue with the head gasket..
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Loyal Member

I agree there should be no bubbling. I am assuming that they used the bubbling in the first place to determine that there was a problem. Another thing is why in the hell change just one gasket? How did they know which one was leaking? And if they did know which one was leaking how did they know that the other one was not? And as far as AC not paying them yet I don't think it was their place to involve you in that. All manufacturers have 30,45,and 60 or more to pay. That is written in the contracts. My advice is to contact cat care yourself. I think they will talk to you.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement