rear bed bench seat mount - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler's & Prowler Parts For Sale List Arctic Cat Prowlers's or Arctic Cat Prowler parts for sale in here.
Please no commercial advertising.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Split's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Buckeye AZ aka FarEastLO
Posts: 861
 
rear bed bench seat mount

All i have a rear bench seat mount. It fits the bet of an XTZ ( not sure if it will fit others). It had a twisted stitch bench seat on it for my kids. It has multiple bolt holes, mounts for seat belts, and threaded barrel ends to mount the seat to. consider offers..pretty heavy duty so it may cost a coupla $$ to ship.

split
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-07-12 05 16 19 (Small).jpg
Views:	696
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1269  

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...
Split is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Loyal Member
 
Joes5091's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waddell/Surprise. AZ
Posts: 2,681
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
All i have a rear bench seat mount. It fits the bet of an XTZ ( not sure if it will fit others). It had a twisted stitch bench seat on it for my kids. It has multiple bolt holes, mounts for seat belts, and threaded barrel ends to mount the seat to. consider offers..pretty heavy duty so it may cost a coupla $$ to ship.

split
Rick, No more rear seat?

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Joes5091 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Split's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Buckeye AZ aka FarEastLO
Posts: 861
 
yeah i have the rear seat but everything had to be dropped down a bunch to lower the center of gravity. the seat is now mounted lower in the frame.

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...
Split is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Loyal Member
 
Joes5091's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waddell/Surprise. AZ
Posts: 2,681
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
yeah i have the rear seat but everything had to be dropped down a bunch to lower the center of gravity. the seat is now mounted lower in the frame.
Thats Good

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Joes5091 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
soazcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Willcox Az
Posts: 491
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
yeah i have the rear seat but everything had to be dropped down a bunch to lower the center of gravity. the seat is now mounted lower in the frame.

hey split did you just build a lower frame for the back seat ? i did ,when i did my new cage last winter . but i also had the idea of redoing the plastic bed tub in aluminum .and hanging the fenders and tailgate skin back on .it looks like id be able to drop the seat another inch or so and get rid of a bunch of weight . kinda like a bed deleate kit . but i ran outta time and funds for that little prodject at the time . im thinking about it this fall still . anybody know what the bed tub weighs on these things . i know my xtz is a tank right now and im looking to put it on a diet ! what do you all think ?
soazcat is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Split's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Buckeye AZ aka FarEastLO
Posts: 861
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soazcat View Post
hey split did you just build a lower frame for the back seat ? i did ,when i did my new cage last winter . but i also had the idea of redoing the plastic bed tub in aluminum .and hanging the fenders and tailgate skin back on .it looks like id be able to drop the seat another inch or so and get rid of a bunch of weight . kinda like a bed deleate kit . but i ran outta time and funds for that little prodject at the time . im thinking about it this fall still . anybody know what the bed tub weighs on these things . i know my xtz is a tank right now and im looking to put it on a diet ! what do you all think ?
Thats pretty much what i am finishing up on in the next 2 weeks. I am almost to the point of tabbing out the aluminum skins right now. That seat mount was built by Eaac's guy for the TS rear bench. By removing that and the actual bed i was able to lower the rear seats 4 inches. Due to my new cage i am not replacing the bed, just building out the floor and skinning the sides in aluminum..i think the bed weighs about 50-60 lbs w/o hardware on it...its a heavy beyotch..maybe more..took two of us to lift it. Split

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...
Split is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Loyal Member
 
Joes5091's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waddell/Surprise. AZ
Posts: 2,681
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
Thats pretty much what i am finishing up on in the next 2 weeks. I am almost to the point of tabbing out the aluminum skins right now. That seat mount was built by Eaac's guy for the TS rear bench. By removing that and the actual bed i was able to lower the rear seats 4 inches. Due to my new cage i am not replacing the bed, just building out the floor and skinning the sides in aluminum..i think the bed weighs about 50-60 lbs w/o hardware on it...its a heavy beyotch..maybe more..took two of us to lift it. Split
Rick you are going to have a great ride when you are done.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Joes5091 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59